Hey!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nefarous

Hello There Jorats & Family and all the other members I know from Lil Ratscals.

I wanted to stop in and say hello. I love the Rat Shack (especially the name), awesome you got it up and going Jorats. :D I was wondering how you guys are doing? :)

All my ratties have passed to rainbow bridge and I miss them terribly. They left a hole inside me that I am convinced no pet will ever be able to fill.

Awww Nefarious, I am soo sorry. :(

I don't think I could be without them for as long as you have. You must have an iron will. ;)

Other than that...all is well?

Thank you! Its been difficult, but with a lot of discussion with my bf we decided to wait a while. Currently I am away in school and it would be him caring for them, he took the passing of one of our ratties (Asher) very badly. Asher had a Pitutary tumor and symptoms appeared very sudden, he suffered some seziures and than he had to be put to sleep all in a matter of a couple days.

Other than having the rattless gap, I am well. I will be applying to vet school in 2008. I am very excited. How are you? How are your ratties???

Welcome to the shack :D I tried to be without ratties after my girls passed and only by accident did I get my two boys which I have't regreted :heart:

Hi Nefarous! :welcome2: Good to see you here, although it must be hard to be without rats for now. Your boys were pretty special.

If you ever want any girls, give me a call :lol:

Glad to hear that school is going well. It is so stressful going back to school, and our student forum members almost disappear during the term.

Are you back home until the new year?

Hey Godmother! I am almost back until the new year, still writing exams! How are all your ratties? :)

Thank you all for the warm welcome! It certianly is difficult being ratless! :sad3:

Hi Nefarous!!! Wow, it's so great to see you here!!

I've thought about you several times since we last crossed paths on the other forum.

How's your studies going? I always enjoyed your adventures at pre vet school.

I often think of you too Jorats....AND ooo and awww over your beauitful cages... which I just seen in the FN thread! Infact there a few of you rat owners here that make me wish I was a rat just so I could live in those wonderful cages!!!!

My studies are great, busy, exciting and depressing! lol :lol: A massive workload sometimes and I still am flabbergasted at the younger students and their immense amount of time to party!!! I don't even have time to go to the gym, which I have become to love a lot. Next semester I am only taking 4 courses instead of 5, I would like to reduce the work load a little to be able to have some time to breath! Its important to excel since its soo difficult to get into vet school. After this winter semester, I apply to vet school in PEI, but I still have 5 more courses left which I will take during fall and winter semster next year to cover all the requisites. Vet school has interviews during June and July, and if ( no when :wink: ) I am accepted I will begin that September. And how are you Jorats??? Still owned by a herd of beauitful ratties?? :roll: *so jealous*

Thank you Mamarat!! :)

Its funny, now that I am in an animal school I often run into people with small animals, including rats. So, I either end up telling them about proper care or indulge in their rat stories. :D

I'm sorry to hear you are currently ratless. That must be so hard.

But welcome to the forum! And best of luck with school.

Nefarous, you'd be welcome to come and visit my girls when you are in town for the holidays. I'll be away part of the time only.

It would be hard to be ratless. Before I had rats, I got my fix by visiting SQ's.... all the fun without the vet bills and cage cleaning!! :lol:

Nefarous said:
And how are you Jorats??? Still owned by a herd of beauitful ratties?? :roll: *so jealous*

I'm doing good. :D
Ya, still got a bunch of ratties. Some young ones now, full of energy and intentions to destroy my home. lol

Thank you all for the nice warm welcomes!! :D And its nice to hear the ratties and you are well Jorats!!

Godmother - that would be fun! I wouldn't be able to get to you though. Will SQ be around for the holidays, cause us Freddy rat people never had that coffee!! :lol:

SQ will be back near to Christmas time. And we have a growing number of ratty mamas in town now. Riana on this forum adopted two of my foster boys. Linda is snowed under with work right now, but I hope that she will emerge before the holidays! We definitely need to arrange for a get-together.

Back