Hey Everyone! Greetings From New York!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MischiefManaged

Hey all!! My name is Kylie, Im 24 from New York. I had rats about a year and a half ago, but was forced to rehome them do to time and money issues, it was a BAD time in my life, I suffered from depression and other issues... but I don't need to get into all of that I have always loved rats, and missed mine terribly for a long time! So last month I finally gave in brought rats back into my life!

I got 2 males a month ago, their names are Dudely and Draco :heart:

Dudley is a double rex (Nakie!!) he is super shy, and is definitely only really comfortable with me so far, but that makes me feel kind of special, hehe.
DSC_0138.jpg

Draco is a Tan hooded dumbo, hes much more outgoing then dudley, loves to cuddle, and ride on my shoulder. He's just a total sweetheart.
DSC_0294.jpg

And then this past monday I became the momma of a little girl I named Ginny. My friends brother bought her to feed his snake, the snake wouldn't eat her, and he was just going to leave her in the tank until she starved to death. My friend took her from the tank and asked if I would take her, how could I say no? She was a feeder rat, she's terrified of everything that moved, and I'm going really slow with her. I am almost 100% sure that she is pregnant :gaah:
DSC_0559.jpg

Besides the ratties I have a dog (2 1/2 year old Golden Retriever) a cat (orange/white american shorthair) a horse (7 year old percheron/thoroughbred mare) and about 25 fish.

Im in college, majoring in entrepreneurial studies, I just started back up in college last semester, after dealing with all of my personal issues, I still live at home with my parents, but am planning on transfering to Lyndon State college in vermont in a year.

Can't wait to get to know everyone and their ratties!!

Hey, all of my rats have HP names too Haha. Also, my boyfriend is from syosset, long island, I do love visiting ny. I miss the bagels.

hprats said:
Hey, all of my rats have HP names too Haha. Also, my boyfriend is from syosset, long island, I do love visiting ny. I miss the bagels.

We do have some really good bagels. Luckily, I've got a good recipe, so when I move in a few months I'll still be able to enjoy some :]

And, Welcome to the Shack! Your babies are so sweet, I've always wanted a double rex :thud:

Welcome to the Rat Shack! :joy: Your boys are so adorable! :heart:

Your new little girl is so lucky to get rescued by you. If she is pregnant and you need help from us to guide you through, don't hesitate to ask. This forum is here for you and your ratties. :hugs:

Hi Kylie!

:welcome: to the Rat Shack!!! :bunnydance:

I can't believe that your friend's brother was just going to let the poor little girl starve to death. :redhot:

Thank heaven your girlfriend rescued her for you. She looks just precious. I'm sure you will manage to help her overcome her fear. Give all your babies lots of head kisses for me!

You're moving to Vermont? I'm jealous! I would LOVE to move to Vermont!!!! :love6:

Hello and welcome! I have a dbl rex as well, his name is Dobby. I recently rescued a blue berk girlie and am on preggo watch, funny how frequently that happens -rescue a lil' girl and she turns out to be pregnant. People never learn.... I'm glad you saved her from a slow agonizing death.

Welcome to the rat shack! Good luck with your little girl. Hopefully she isn't pregnant! Look forward to seeing more pictures! :)

Back