hes turned into and old grumpy evil rat??

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RATACHEWY

Gerrard was once the too put it bluntly "pansy" of the bunch of boys, being scared of everything, always humping marco, very gentle rat. Marco was the boss, and kept them in check, but never anything to evil, he kept the cage in order. When marco got ill with a foot problem, gerrard gained some sort of stature as the boss, cause when marco went to do that "standing up in the ring and show you whos boss" thing, gerrard was the tallest and beat him, eventually (during marco's illness) gerrard started beating up marco and bandit, really badly though, puling out chunks of fur, throwing them off the shelves and being territorial, there was scabs all over the other 2. Marco got better and gerrard still remained the evil boss, he even goes for me sometimes now, he never leaves his hut or cage and it generally quite evil....i wonder what has happend to him? :(

yea hi there!
marco and gerrard are brothers 1yr 8months, bandit 7mnth younger. though about putting him in a different cage.

Mmm... I wonder if your boys might have mites. Sometimes mites will get the rats really stressed out and start fighting.
But from your description, you seem to know a lot about rattie colony dynamics and from that it could be that Gerrard is just a big meanie. A neuter would help him calm down.

Personally, I'd take them to the vet, get a skin scraping done to check for ectoparasites, and then schedule their neuters :D

Back