Her eyes ruined.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitsa

Snookie has had an abscess on her face for awhile now, it's been healing really good but I guess during the past few days she's been digging because there is a gaint hole now. It's really bad and the vet can't see her till tomorrow and i'm out of medication to give her.

I have no idea what to do

2/20/2012
I've been keeping her face clean. Haven't been able to take her anywhere or been able to get anything to help with pain and germs. Its been healing fine but I noticed today her eye looked wrong and upon closer inspection found a nasty looking scratch on it.

The eye just looks dead and she won't blink it. I've tried taking pictures, my camera is just to crappy to see anything. Its appears to be swollen and its dry, should I try and put water on it? Will it hurt her more if I do?

No vehicle to take her to the vet and not enough money right now to have the eye removed. Never expected so many heal problems to pop us so close to each other and really never expected to not be able to care for my babies.

post a picture under a spoiler so we can see it. Maybe rinsing it with a saline solution till you can get her to the vet.

If blood makes you sick don't click
[spoil:1opqk7l5]
Photo0267.jpg
[/spoil:1opqk7l5]

I've been wiping and it's still bleeding. I've been a horrible mom lately

It might of been more of a cyst than abcsess. I know some cyst can be full of bloody discharge.

I would keep it clean...some one will come here to tell what it may be and how to deal with it properly.. I never had this on the faces here.

the location isn't right for ZGT (thank god!), I would guess a mass or tooth abscess. Does it go through into her mouth? Do you see her swallowing (the blood)?

lilspaz68 said:
the location isn't right for ZGT (thank god!), I would guess a mass or tooth abscess. Does it go through into her mouth? Do you see her swallowing (the blood)?

No she isn't swolling any blood and it doesn't go into her mouth. I've been checking for that last one since the beginning.

Until today or last night her face was doing great. Would have been healed in about two or three days. That's why i'm sure she had to be digging all night. Her little paws were covered in blood when I found her, front and back.

I think she should be fine until tomorow. Just keep it clean and maybe bandage one of her hands to keep from diging in it, and get that pain medication. ):

Back