Henry's Haven sorting things out~

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry's_mum

So my rescue has been kinda, ummmm, unorganised in the last year. ALOT of commings and a few goings, cages being shifted, moved, traded, bought, sold, recycled, etc.
Well this weekend was a HUGE tidy up, purging event here!!!
and i'm happy to show you the pics of an ALMOST finnished priduct!!!
When you look thorugh the doorway, this is what you see. The table will become my sewing table.

This is the other side of the room~

and my playpen!

I'd like to get my # of cages down :nod: and to get lino flooring in here eventually too!!!

Looks great. I can't wait to have all my ratties in one room. Looks like you'll have sewing helpers too. :wink2:

let me guess, you don't have a cleaning day, you just clean! :giggles: i bet your the fastest at it now though. the big cages looking daunting to clean but i've found that once you've done it a few times you learn a more efficent pattern. in my home i can have the cages cleaned in under a hour if i do it. if anyone else does though it takes them a few hours and lots of bugging me to tell them where things go... :p

yeah, the BIG clean day is Fridays, but I clean the cages daily too. You know the pick up the poos, put blankets back in hidey holes, etc.
Hubby says I spend FAR too much time in the rat room, :lol2: so I told him, he spends far too much time in/at the shop....
We get our digs in. :wink2:

yes, that one grey one is a bird cage.
It works out ok. There's 4 boys in it right now, Eli, Echo, who are 2 or older, and Mav and Goose, who are quiet, and don't really leave the bottom floor...
:roll:
They're perfect for that cage.

lilangel said:
wow nice stuff. i should take picture's of my area lol

i wondered it is good to have the scented plug in right in the room with them and beside them?

:giggle: it's used as a night light, it's broken, Cole broke the wick inside it, so it only works as a light. and I can't get the scent thing out because it's jammed in it. But it's sat at the same level for mnths now, so I know it doesn't work, lmao.
The only thing I use in my ratroom for killing scent is baking soda in boxes...
I actually put them all over my house. It has a 'damp smell' to it all year round as it's an old cottage, and made solely of wood....

yes, and I get mine at the dollar store! I chng it every 6 wks or so. i'm looking into what it costs at the bulk barn, it's REALLY great for killing odors. My friend uses it in their litter boxes for the cats.
My vet also swears by it!
:nod:

Ooo i am going to have to get a box of baking soda in our dining room. My mum goes crazy over the smell of the rats (mostly Sid :( ). I know people put like lumps of coal in their fridge, or lemons or something. Never heard of baking soda though. I shall try it

well there you are rylle. teh baking soda to kill odors is a common thing over here, at least to my knowledge but i never heard of lumps of coal or lemons in the fridge to kill a odor! wouldn't the coal be messy and the lemon dry up and begin to rot?

twitch said:
well there you are rylle. teh baking soda to kill odors is a common thing over here, at least to my knowledge but i never heard of lumps of coal or lemons in the fridge to kill a odor! wouldn't the coal be messy and the lemon dry up and begin to rot?

I have used coal in bowls in my damp basement it really helps take the odor out. Also white vinegar in a bowl will also trap odors.

Back