Helping a friend determine... WHAT COLOUR is that Rat?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKbusy

Hello everyone!

So on November 26, 2012, with the combined efforts of two of my male co-workers, ratmondo, and a fellow animal-activist, we rescued adorable little Remi from an asshole snake owner who was giving him away, but refused to hand him over to ratmondo after she just mentioned casually that we would be finding him a good home. Apparently, he was snake food only.

Long story short, we found someone who played snake-owner convincingly enough and got little Remi.

The first picture is of him at about 1.5-2 months old. When we first took him in.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/92979584@N07/8517945274/

The second picture is how he looks NOW.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/92979584@N07/8516831885/

Any firm ideas as to what his colour would be called?
His new mom would like to know :)

Thanks in advance!

Kinda looks like an american blue agouti. It is hard to say. The gray looks like am american blue and he has the speckle of agouti.

I almost fell out of my seat at how BEAUTIFUL he is!!!! :thud:

Snake food are you kidding me??? :shock: He could win every beauty rat show and make his owner a million lol! Wow I never see that color here ever, not ever, we don't have good rat breeders here in TX that focus on colors and personalities and quality, only time I've seen even a blue rat was at the shelter, but wow...he's amazing, the new owner is SO LUCKY!!!! :bow: If he were mine I know exactly what to name him: "Gray Beauty" :giggle:

Wow. We didn't even THINK of American Blue Agouti! But that could very well be it!

Hmmm. I'm gonna see if she can't take some more pictures of this gorgeous boy :)

Weeeeehhhhh

Thanks everyone!

Here are some photos of my blue agouti kids:
Magnumprofile.jpg

DSC_0039xs_zps5b1bf5b1.jpg

The one on the left
RI04.jpg

I don't intend on losing my pack ever any time soon, but I do know one day they will be called up to go home to the bridge and wait for me. When that happends, I will be looking for more ratties in need of a home, I won't be too picky on colors or breed, but I wouldn't mine aiming for those unique colors like blues and agoties or inbetween!

Back