help UPDATE from vet

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vet believes it was just gas since she is fine now and he said her belly felt normal and no abnormal masses her foot is fine as well and probably just a sprain. he said if it happens again to give one drop per ounce of pepto. if that does not work bring her in for an xray and blood work. so far she is back to her old self.

Good to hear!!! But how many ounces does your girl weigh? 1 drop = .05 cc's and if she weighs 350 grams (12 + ounces) that is .6 ml's or cc's. Isn't that close to how much a full grown human takes?

Look for infant gas remedies, and keep them on hand if you are worried it will happen again.

lilspaz68 said:
Good to hear!!! But how many ounces does your girl weigh? 1 drop = .05 cc's and if she weighs 350 grams (12 + ounces) that is .6 ml's or cc's. Isn't that close to how much a full grown human takes?

Look for infant gas remedies, and keep them on hand if you are worried it will happen again.

I looked in my rat health care book(which is chewed to shreds so I have to piece everything together) and it said the same thing one drop per ounce or one/tenth of an adult dose. Lilly weighs 14 ounces. I think that it would be hard to get that much down her if I had to. So if it happens again I will just try a few drops and she how she does with it.

Oh and thank you for all the help and support. I would be so lost without all of you. :urock:

Back