HELP! She escaped!!! Please!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laney3535

Ok so I was cleanin the cage and I aways let th run around my room... My shy girl stayed on the knee the whole time and I out her back in the cage and turned to get my other adventurous girl... I can't find her anywhere! I checked all her hiding spots and I just can't find her! My girl that's in the cage is NOT happy right now she won't calm herself she keep running around looking for the other... My bedroom door has a 1/2 - 3/4 inch gap from the ground.. I personally don't think she could fit and I never saw her go under... I wouldn't be able to find her by listening because when she gets scared she freezes and won't move... I'm almost crying right now because if she got out of my room my brothers dog WILL kill her! No doubt in my mind What so ever cause she's already tried.... Please! What do I do!?

Ok so I was cleanin the cage and I aways let th run around my room... My shy girl stayed on the knee the whole time and I out her back in the cage and turned to get my other adventurous girl... I can't find her anywhere! I checked all her hiding spots and I just can't find her! My girl that's in the cage is NOT happy right now she won't calm herself she keep running around looking for the other... My bedroom door has a 1/2 - 3/4 inch gap from the ground.. I personally don't think she could fit and I never saw her go under... I wouldn't be able to find her by listening because when she gets scared she freezes and won't move... I'm almost crying right now because if she got out of my room my brothers dog WILL kill her! No doubt in my mind What so ever cause she's already tried.... Please! What do I do!?

Block the gap under the door. Sit on the floor and just listen and watch for her. A pillow and a blanket might be good to have. First you want to make sure she's in the room, then once you know she is, then you can worry about catching her.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to put out some of her favorite treats in areas of the room that you can see that she might go to along with what LilSpaz said.

Did you find her?! I lost my guys a couple times the first week I had them. Always found them happily grooming themselves on something or another in the closet...

I found her in my closet in a very old snow boot that I thought I checked haha little stinker!

:thumbsup:Yup...like I mentioned, closets seem to be the given choice for adventurous ratties ;) Its where my lil buggers would scurry off to as well.

I have had that same experience a few times with both my rats and my hamsters gosh and all those times I though I would never see them again but I always manage to find them somehow usually in my brothers room.

Back