Help please, my little girl Bella is bleeding from her vagina!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anna Allison

This is the 2nd time she’s done this. The first time was about 2 weeks ago and it only lasted for 1day and now when I just picked her up I noticed she was bleeding again. I’ve never had a female rat do this before so I know it’s not normal. Do I need to take her to a vet? She doesn’t seem to be in any pain, she’s acting normal like she always does. Please give me some input I’m freaking out here.

This is the 2nd time she’s done this. The first time was about 2 weeks ago and it only lasted for 1day and now when I just picked her up I noticed she was bleeding again. I’ve never had a female rat do this before so I know it’s not normal. Do I need to take her to a vet? She doesn’t seem to be in any pain, she’s acting normal like she always does. Please give me some input I’m freaking out here.
Rats are not supposed to bleed from their vagina, so it indicates a serious issue if they do. It could be a UTI or pyometra – both can be very serious and life-threatening if not treated properly. Please take her to see a vet ASAP and they'll be able to give you the necessary medicine/treat surgically as necessary.

Back