Help please- cage placement?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kclark

Hi!
We are trying to find a spot to put our rats, three males in a Critter Nation cage. The cage is 39 inches tall and we have a spot that's in-front of a window. The window is 24 inches from the ground and has dark wood blinds which stay closed (pointing up) all the time. So the cage would only be 'in' the window the top 13 inches or so. We live in Houston but the room has a fan and the air is never above 77*. Would this spot be ok for the rats?
Thanks for your help!!

Just make sure if there is any string on the blinds they cannot get to them. If htey are to close to them they will chew on them. I have my rats in front of windwos in our rat room.

The string isn't long enough to be close to them and they wont be super close, there is a ledge on the window so they will probably be 5-6 inches from the ledge which is further than the window.
Yay! Glad this spot seems to be ok, its a perfect spot in our house for them. =)

The other thing you could do if you were still concerned is put something over the back of the cage. I have the plastic covers for recessed lights (found them at lowes) hung over the back of the cage to protect my wall from any rattie mess.

Back