Help My pika! - Lumpy incision? 7/4/11

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is a little puff ball right now, but she ate peas on the way home then slept. They said her uterine horn on the right was 4-5 times the size as the other one but no cyst or tumors, so that is good i think.

Not sure what the deal is with the horn, but I guess it is gone now lol I Told you she was the devil, see she has horns, and two of them :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

267912_10150226669146409_634516408_7651796_4891843_n.jpg

she is still in the rabbit cage, i have her on the dining room table with the door open and a cloth down so i can watch her come out if she does. I am hoping to look at her stomach but I dont want to touch her right now. it was a long bumpy ride home and I dont want to add to her stress.

Well miss pika woke up, came out of her cage, she was walking great.. She really didnt look like she had a major surgery today. I had to lock her back up when I seen her up to her usual tricks, getting ready to jump........even in pain that girl cannot resist.

Well I let her out again, she is still power housing around.. trying to jump.......she dont even notice this LOL

Goodness! Last I checked Pika was having owie stretches. Now she's all spayed and everything! I'm glad she came through the surgery well. Does this mean the new vet gets a conditional stamp of approval?

Joanne said:
Goodness! Last I checked Pika was having owie stretches. Now she's all spayed and everything! I'm glad she came through the surgery well. Does this mean the new vet gets a conditional stamp of approval?

Only when she heals completely and i dont get an infection lol i am a hard person to please with these guys.

She was awesome though. She explained, and left in detail what she found in her "horns" lol i am found of that.......so so far, i will keep her for the surgeries and sicknesses, and my other one to get them all spayed for me.

I wanted a belly shot so I would have something to compare it too. I havent even looked at it out of fear of hurting her but I know i need to be able to see it

Incision picture.........according to eagle and lilspaz it looks good :)

I thought it would be lower and bigger
264800_10150227108116409_634516408_7656204_469066_n.jpg

she is still up to her normal pika routine, i let her out briefly, but she tries to jump off the table...

how many days should I baby her? at what point is she ok?

I wouldn't baby her at all, the incision looks fantastic, she's not picking, I would let her go back to her normal routine as soon as possible. Keep an eye out for owwie stretches but since you have metacam you likely won't see any :D

lilspaz68 said:
I wouldn't baby her at all, the incision looks fantastic, she's not picking, I would let her go back to her normal routine as soon as possible. Keep an eye out for owwie stretches but since you have metacam you likely won't see any :D

So i can try to move her back in with the others?

hopefloats said:
lilspaz68 said:

So i can try to move her back in with the others?

For sure :)

Ok since I know you seem to always be around for my emergencies and deaths LOL I will try tonight when i get off work..........

hopefloats said:
Well miss pika woke up, came out of her cage, she was walking great.. She really didnt look like she had a major surgery today. I had to lock her back up when I seen her up to her usual tricks, getting ready to jump........even in pain that girl cannot resist.

Would someone please tell that little lady that there is no need for her to "pika" fight with her fellow rats?

(Sorry.... that was BAD, but I couldn't resist!!!!) :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

jennifervb said:
hopefloats said:

Would someone please tell that little lady that there is no need for her to "pika" fight with her fellow rats?

(Sorry.... that was BAD, but I couldn't resist!!!!) :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

LOL that was funny, That was a good one, i need a good laugh! LOL

almost as bad as me saying

Not sure what the deal is with the horn, but I guess it is gone now lol I Told you she was the devil, see she has horns, and two of them :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

jennifervb said:

lmao! Good one. :giggle:

Good luck getting her back in where she belongs! :thumbup:

Joanne said:
I think her incision looks wonderful too! Great job! Good luck with the re-introductions. I hope it is like she never left.

She seems so thin to me, but I guess it was almost a week of pain/surgery and I know she didnt eat like she should.

I have them out, had to clean the area up for her, they are doing well it seems, going to clean the cage then put her in hopefully it goes well.

Why do pictures always make it look like a lot? LOL the school girls are in there with them, so all 11 sharing dinner.
262732_10150227444251409_634516408_7660818_6009165_n.jpg

Back