Hello =)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nakasha

Hello :D

I found this forum thanks to jorat's rats :mrgreen: . I found really great films on youtube made by jorat and posted links to them on our polish rat-lovers forum - we all had fun trying to count all of the ratties :D. Then I searched in google for jorat and found this place ;).

I live in North-East part of Poland, in Central Europe ;). I've been keeping rats for over 4 years :) and during this time I've been trying to find as much information on them as possible, mostly on many rat-forums and reading rat-related articles ;). I surfed throung English web pages as well (eg. ratbehaviour.org) and I learned a lot :). I am a member of Rat-Friends Association, which handles shelters and temporary houses for unwanted or ill rats and generally provides all sort of help for them. I am also a member of Polish Rat Breeders Association ;).

Still there is always something new to learn and a lot of fun sharing love for ratties, so here I am ;).

I live with my husband, our 3 cats, 1 pogona vitticeps and 14 rats :heart: We have unwanted rats from shelters and rats from polish breeders :).

These are my beloved rats, I hope the pictures work all right?

Geda Emerald Moon
female
born: 01.10.2007

She is the pack's alfa :D

Gyori Emerald Moon
female
born: 01.10.2007

Balaji Rattie's Love
female
born: 26.06.2008

Czika
female
born: March 2007

Nadia
female
born: 03.06.2008

Zaya's Miyu
female
born: 10.06.2008

She won a Best in Show for young rats at a rat show in August :mrgreen:

Elmo
male castrated
born: November 2006

You know, he looks awfully fat, but all I give my rats are Rat&Moude Duo and fresh wegetables/fruits, sometimes something extra. Elmo just eats a lot, he eats everything he sees :? I've been "fighting" with his weight for many months now... Well, rats love him and always sleep on him, fluffy cushion :wink:

Rikku
female
born: 01.08.2007

Lena
female
born: 19.08.2007

Rikku's step-sister ;).

Sky of Zirrael
male castrated
born: 21.09.2007

He won - on rat shows - the Best in Show twice and Best Rex male twice :mrgreen:

Smok of Zirrael
male castrated
born: 21.09.2007

Orel:
male
born: 10.05.2008

Just recently 2 little ratties joined me and my husband:

Sepi Rat's Troop:
male
born: 09.08.2008

Sun
Rat's Troop:
male
born: 09.08.2008

Guys together:

The young guys (not yet castrated) stay in a cage with Orel ;).

:heart:

I hope I didn't bore you too much :oops:

Thank you :D

Yes, Elmo is very fluffy and squishy :nod: even people who are afraid of rats pet him and hold him in their hands :giggle: he looks very cute nd sweet and innocent :wink:

Hi and welcome!!
You've got some lovely rats there. How wonderful to also rescue them.
Do you have all your males castrated? I'm most impressed. :joy:

jorats, thank you :D. Yes, I have all my males castrated ;). For health and breeding reasons. I keep all of my ratties together - I'm lucky to have calm and friendly rats who accept new members in their pack ;). Right now only 3 are separated in a different room: castrated Orel (you can see balls on the pics, I had him castrated a week ago and the photos are older) and Sepi & Sun. Sepi and Sun are still too young for castration, so they wait for the big moment and Orel keeps them company :).

mamarat, thanks a lot :D I've got lots of pics :cheeky: :mrgreen:

MelissaG, yes he is :nod:

Back