Hello!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evergreenly

Hello there! New to this forum, not new to ratties. I have two males about 7 weeks old named Tucker and Dale. Super sweet and really hyper right now. I crochet my own cage items! Uhh... I live in East, TN and I also have 3 cats.
QUa6DH1.jpg

Tucker on the left, Dale on the right
O0Ugn8b.jpg

Tucker
gilTNsV.jpg

Dale

Welcome, welcome!! I have two male rats too :D I've never tried crocheting anything for mine though. How does that work out?? I've thought of making a hammock or two but haven't put it to the test yet :lol:

Thanks guys!
I was hesitant to crochet things, but they actually seem to love it. I did HDC with a smaller needle for a hammock, and it has held up wonderfully. I also made a 'cube' that looks like a small tissue box in SC. They don't seem to chew at all and if the holes are small enough no little feet get caught.
My boys aren't chewers though.

It works wonderfully. If your rats prefer a stiffer hammock, I would recommend SC. If they like a little give in their hammock HDC works wonders.

Thanks! I'm feeding them Oxbow Mouse & Young Rat since they're so young, and they LOVE it. Now they're little chunks (especially Dale). I cannot wait for their faces to fill out and they have that squishy boy face.
I've also never had males before, I've only ever had females. I'm hoping the turn out to be squishy lap rats.

I have 2 boys and 5 girls. I find my boys are more willing to sit with me on my chair and not want to climb into windowsills or onto shelves like the girls do. My two are nearly a matching pair to yours Tyrion
u4ume8a6.jpg

Little Boots
e4utupy5.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Hi welcome to the forum. :wave:
Your ratties are so sweet.
I like how your crochet hammocks.
Look forward to hear more about your babies. :mrgreen:

Back