Hello!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrowe47

Hi there! I was recently acquired by a pair of rats. Their names are Petyr and Varys (out of Game of Thrones.) They're 9 weeks old, and extremely friendly - Varys ran right up my arm and onto my shoulder out of his cage (and then right off my arm and face-first into the glass side of his tank, which I'm sure thoroughly confused him.)

Petyr was the most social of his brothers, sniffing my hand and pawing up to it. They're both white hooded with black capes, bouncy, and playful. They were skittish the first couple days, but I wooed them with rice krispies (crack for rats? wow they seem to like it.) They aren't so much into yogies, which may change as they get older.

I've had them both out over the last 4 days riding underneath a sweater on my shoulder, one at a time, and out on a blanket. I have a couple of paracord harness loops that hold them securely, but those don't seem necessary. First thing I'll begin teaching them is their name, and then to ride my shoulders.

Back