Hello!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamBO

Hi my name is Samantha and I live in Montreal. I have one rat named Sadie and she is my first rat ever. She was brought to my pet store by a person whose snake refused to eat her. She was bred as a feeder and as a result has a lot of issues, such as crooked growing teeth, low ammune system and she is very timid when being handled. Shes about 7 months and I love her very much :) My ex roomate is also a hobbie breeder and when I lived with her I got to experience the beauty of a mommy rat with her babies, and also watching them grow. I'm new to rats but I'm quickly learning and willing to know more so I can give my ratties the best home and lots of love. <3

24v4hhk.jpg

Sadie at 3 months old (shes not too much bigger now :p)

Yes actually! but Because of Sadies behavioral issues I don't want to get anything that may or may not work out. I work at a pet store and there's this sweet little Himalayan I've fallen in love with. As terrible as this sounds I'm planning to take her home to try it out, and if it doesn't work out I can bring her back to the store. I myself hate when people do that but at least it'll have another opportunity to find another home rather then me buying from a breeder all the way in Toronto and not be able to give it back you know?....

That's great. Sometimes adding a second rattie will curb or at least help with some temperament issues. I hope that's the case for you guys. Good luck. Nice to have you on the shack.

Back