Hello!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My name is Amanda I live in Alabama with Husband Jon, Just married.,We have one hooded fancy rat, We have had him for maybe a month. :) He usually just runs around the house and plays. I am thinking of getting another on to keep him company. But since he hasn't been around other rats i don't know how that will end up.
Anyway, feel free to Add and message me :)

AmandaLovesJon said:
My name is Amanda I live in Alabama with Husband Jon, Just married.,We have one hooded fancy rat, We have had him for maybe a month. :) He usually just runs around the house and plays. I am thinking of getting another on to keep him company. But since he hasn't been around other rats i don't know how that will end up.
Anyway, feel free to Add and message me :)

:welcome: to the Rat Shack Amanda!!!!! Yes, I would strongly suggest a friend for your little dude! Rats are communal animals and do well with other rats (ok.... introductions can be a little nervewracking but we will get you through that if the need arises!)

What is your little ratman's name? :bunnydance:

Howdy and welcome! You're little man would really benefit from the company of a friend (or two...) There's lot of great info on the forum on how introduce new rats to one another, definitely worth looking into!

Thanks for the welcomes :) lol

jennifervb- His name is lil buddy, he isnt even a year old yet. I've been pretty nervous to get another rat because the petstore we went to never had him around another rat, so im not sure how well that would go over, i also am not sure if he would get along with another male (thats the only breed that store sells because they dont condone breeding in small animals). Also the petstore said they wont have more rats for a while and thats the only one near me. So im hoping when they get more in Buddy will still be a happy lil rat and get along with one just like now.

Welcome! Like the others have said there is lots of info regarding intros. Some people on here are expert queens so if you run into a specific problem I'm sure they'd be able to help. I'm sure once intros are done Buddy will really appreciate a new friend or two.

Back