Hello!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breakthenight

Hi,

So I'm not actually a new member on this forum- not by a long shot! I'd been here for years and then ended up leaving mostly and then coming back now and then up until this past summer when my last beloved rattie Seanan passed away. At that time myself and my husband were not able to have more rats due to our living situation(which was really terrible and almost left us homeless, and nearly forced me to re-home my lovely lady rat- Thankfully that didn't happen. Once you come into this family we stick it out no matter what!), combined with the complete and utter heartbreak associated with loosing so many rats in such a short period of time. It's hard because they have such short lifespans and they can get sick so easily :(

Anyway, fast forward a few months and the situation has changed completely. Myself and my husband now live in a big 3 bedroom house, with tons of room and it seems that once the healing was done from loosing so many ratties, I may just have a rat shaped hole in my heart. On that note we are possibly looking to bring another pair of ratties into our lives in the near future- as long as everything goes as planned.

Maybe I am crazy because when I was just left with Seanan I told myself I was having no more rats. It hurt too much. Yet somehow I seem to be willing to put myself through the pain all over again for a chance at another heart rat, and someone to keep my shoulder warm.

I have my heart set on having a smeezer or himi male. They remind me of my ultimate heart rat. Not that I think it has anything to do with colour. They just remind me of my boy and it makes my heart hurt and smile at the same time KWIM?.I would like to get males this go around because I have spent a lot of time missing a fat old boy who wants nothing more than to cuddle and travel around in my hoodie pocket. Girls are fun but they are expensive(spays anyone?) and crazy to watch but I definitely enjoy a shoulder sitter and a lap rat.

Anyway if any of you poor souls have endured reading all this rambling- I will reward you with this- The ultimate picture of heart rat love.
IMG_2055.jpg

I want to have that again :(

So good to see you back!! :joy: There are a lot of ratties needing homes in the Halifax area, so it shouldn't be long before you have a couple of cuddly boys in your hoodie or on your shoulders.

Haha, I hope not!

We don't necessarily want to rush into anything, but if we decide that we are definitely bringing home some boys we have the cage and supplies ready to go..haha. Actually I need to get a new pan/repair the old pan for the cage. I'm now recalling that Rowan ate out 3 of the corners -.-. It's actually hard to believe that we are able to even contemplate this. It's amazing how fast life can change.(Ps. hope you and your gang have a happy new year!)

Thanks for the (re?) welcome! I'm glad to be back even if I don't officially have ratties again yet. Maybe later this month or next month though...depending.

Unfortunately there is always an overabundance of ratties. I've actually been creeping on the rescue section for a few days now-since we have been thinking about having rats again. No doubt when the right rat needs me they'll find their way here. They usually do.

I didn't know you previously as I'm fairly new to the forum but I wanted to say I'm happy you came back. You must be so excited with the prospect of getting some ratties. I hope you find another heart boy. Those are the best.

Very excited at the possibility.

I was hear a bit a few years back, but since you only joined a year ago, unfortunately I've just been back to write memorials and I've been ratless since June.SQ and Godmother got to know me back then due to one of my girls coming home and ending up being a 16 for the price of one deal.(Well and SQ used to be my neighbour, lol!) Heart rats really are the best so I want to hold out for a rattie that is going to be really special to me.(Technically two boys but one will likely be "my husbands").

I'm happy to be back.

So Rowan chewed cage pans!! Naughty girl taught her daughters the same tricks :lol: . My dear girls (RIP) really did a number on the pans and liners, so I think I will be replacing them. Of course, my new young girls also love to chew....

LMAO!!!!I'm not surprised they learned that trick!
Actually just before Rowan died I woke up in the middle of the night to a rat on my chest. She had escaped the cage somehow(Even with the chewed pans she shouldn't have been able to make the great escape). Silly girl. She was my ONLY bad chewer, haha. At least Shay took her extra energy and put it into getting herself a wheelie tail instead of destroying everything!

LMAO!!!!I'm not surprised they learned that trick!
Actually just before Rowan died I woke up in the middle of the night to a rat on my chest. She had escaped the cage somehow(Even with the chewed pans she shouldn't have been able to make the great escape). Silly girl. She was my ONLY bad chewer, haha. At least Shay took her extra energy and put it into getting herself a wheelie tail instead of destroying everything!

Back