Hello rat shack!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anton

Hi to all!!! Just wanted to say hello. I haven't formally introduced myself or my ratties, but I've been lurking around for a little while, doing lots of reading and lots of learning here at the rat shack. What a gift this site is to the ratties of this world! I found the shack after my daughter brought home the sweetest little guy, Anton - I melted into a giant puddle. I set out to learn all about rats, as I knew nothing. I came across a rat video on youtube one day- It was called "Determination"-I watched in awe and thought whoever this person is -she is my HERO!! :bow: I made everyone watch-we couldn't get over how nifty it was to have so many lovies.We laughed so much!I then found more videos on youtube-and many of them were from someone called jorats. Of course, that led me to jorats and The rat shack. Well, the rattie my daughter brought home somehow kept spending more and more time with me. I would ask if he could "sleepover" in mom's room, until the day came that he just never left. Yes, I stole the rattie from my daughter-what kind of mom am I?? (she is a busy teen w/track,social,art and academics and was gone most of the summer-so things worked out perfectly!! That eases the guilt somewhat....) She loves to tell the story of how her mom 'stole' her pet rattie :giggle: I then learned that only ratties can be lonely-so I found two brothers for him, Tristan and Siegfried. What joy they bring!! Ok this more involved and long winded than intended. I will try to get some pics up soon! Thanks for having such a great website. It is Rattie University for me!

:wel5:

Enjoy your stay!

I love your story! Don't worry, you aren't the first Mom to steal pets from their children!

I'm off the check You Tube now to see that "determination" video!

[schild=39,1,000000,C0C0C0:1wdsr2vk]Welcome to the Rat Shack![/schild:1wdsr2vk]

I'm so glad the video brought so much fun to you and your family and has led you here.
I love your story, it's so heartwarming. :joy:

Thank you all for the very prompt and warm welcome!! Gosh, I feel so important now that I am posting hehehe I am glad I came out of my shell :nod: I have laughed, cried, learned so much since discovering this forum. The rattie obsession has begun and is thriving in my world :happydance: BTW, another video from jorats that left my mouth open in awe is 'rats love bananas' The ratties were like, how kind of mom to offer us such a healthy treat. It was all so civilized as the ratties took their banana daintly off the plate. Good rattie manners! Sort of a 'grey poupon' moment :wink: dear lord, these smilies are fun!

:welcome:
I loved the story. I used to use the line that I was getting the pets for the kids....hehe they were always for me. Now I no longer try and hide it. Everyone in the family knows they are all mine...I share them....a little.

Back