hello people !

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squishy

hi everyone :D I'm a 20 year old university student, and I own 2 rats called Squishy and Hinata who I adore :heart:
they're my first rats and they're probably the best pets I've ever had!!
I joined this forum because as a first time rat owner I need some advice about caring for my rats, so I'll probably be posting a lot of questions in the days to come... (Mostly about how to properly care for Squishy, she has a pituitary tumor :cry: )

here they are sleeping in their carrier cage while I was cleaning out their cage:

DSC00346.jpg

Godmother said:
Welcome! Many of us have had rats with a PT, so ask away. What treatment are you using?

thanks for the welcomes everyone :)
Squishy has been on prednisone (steroids) for a week and a half... she got a bit better for a while, but on friday she started tilting her head and walking in circles, so I took her to the vet who prescribed a vitamin b12 supplement (it's supposed to help her nervous system)... since then she doesn't really seem to want to eat or drink, and I have to carry her everywhere because she can't move around very well :cry:

I posted the detailed question in the ER section so that no one gets angry at me for talking about rat medical stuff it in the wrong section haha...

Back