Hello, new here, but not to ratties. :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohrats27

Hello all. New here. My name's Jenni. My husband and I have been keeping rats together for the past 3 years, separately each a little longer. ;) Decided to finally join a place like this to have folks to talk to about the lovely little ones. I work at an exotic veterinary office as a technician assistant, so i get to see lots of fun little creatures, but nothing more exciting than seeing a loving rattie. :)

We are currently owned by 7 loving ratties - four boys: Wesley, Fievel, Marty, and Remy, and three girls: Shae, Evie, and Fiona; as well as our housemates 12 rats, one we actually got together, so she belongs to the four of us, her name is Sophie.

We sadly lost 4 boys since last week. So we are going through a really rough time right now. We lost our oldest, Stewie, to heart disease, he had been on medication for a while, but it finally got the best of him, we lost him on the 22nd. We lost Rexxie surprisingly out of nowhere this past Tuesday, still don't know what from. This morning we lost Snoopy, who had been in renal failure, and was being treated for that for some time as well. And then this evening we lost Bobo, who was Rexxie's brother. He was perfectly fine up until the night we lost Rexxie, we knew then we were going to lose him too. We have never lost so many rats in such a short period of time, and it's really taking a toll on us. I've been crying my eyes out. Just trying to keep kissing and loving our babies and telling them everything's gonna be ok, they are all so confused.

Anyway. We are not looking to replace our babies we've lost. But we are interested in adopting a couple more boys. We had adopted Rexxie and Bobo from California, they were flown all the way to us, to NY. :) And they were some of the most amazing boys we've ever met.
Colors and coat types are never a priority. My heart always melts for an albino or pew, himilayans as well, and dumbos are precious. Snoopy and Bobo were both dumbos. Rexxie was a rex.
Anyone know any precious babies who need a good home? We would graciously take in a couple or few boys of most any age. :)

Thanks for reading my ridiculously long and depressing post. And it's nice to meet you all. :)

Welcome to the forum!

Currently there is a huge rat train being formed to transport rats from New Brunswick to various areas, and I think someone has even offered to transport to NY! The first 4 threads or so in the Canada Rescue and Adoptions forum could be of interest to you:
viewforum.php?f=17

Hi and welcome!!
Definitely not depression your story, we can all share in your sorrow. Your words tell us just how loved your ratties are and that is a beautiful thing.
Please have a look at that rat train, helping out a huge rescue in Moncton New Brunswick but the train is making it's way to NY!!

Welcome to the Shack! You're in good company here.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost four ratties so close together. Such a heartache; it's the downside of having a few of similar age, as I am finding out.

We are looking forward to seeing photos of your gang. It would be wonderful if you adopted a couple of boys from the Rat Train Rescue. There are so many sweet rats needing a home. And I know that some of them are PEWs and a few of them are dumbos.

Back