Hello! Meet my new little boys (and me)!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aerobe

So now that my rats are here, I can finally start posting - Chelle's Critter Haven (which a member here actually referred me to) dropped my pair off on Saturday. Feel free to let me know what you think of my 'set-up' and tell me if there's anything you'd recommend.

Their names are Bartleby and Septimus! And because everybody loves pictures, here's a bunch of pictures!

First their baby selves, from the rescue's website:
2Kywy.jpg
s6iqH.jpg

New home:

The clubhouse (naptime central):

Bartleby eyes his jingle-ball apprehensively:

Septimus uses Bartleby as a stepladder in pursuit of DELICIOUS VEGETABLES:

Bartleby contemplates the meaning of life, and whether or not it comes in two-ply:
Ot9en.png

Hiya!!! So nice to see you posting here, and the boys' set up looks great! The only thing I would recommend is maybe a large-ish hammock to hang in the top right, to make use of some of that otherwise "wasted" space.

Ohhh... I have one in the top left that you can see in the picture - you think they could wriggle into it if it were high on the right? From the wall, I imagine? Still continually surprised at how acrobatic these fellows are!

Looks great, beautiful baby boys!
I would suggest a few large hammocks, and a 12 inch diameter solid wheel
They will likely have a lot of fun making a mess and building a nest if you hang the roll of toilet paper
I couldn't tell but do you have a dish of blocks and a water dish or two in the cage?

I have a dish with blocks in it, and one of those water things you attach from the side. I tried giving them a little bowl of water, too, but they just knocked it over and gave each other baths. I'll have to look around for a heavier one they can't topple...

I'll put up more hammockspace on you guys' recommendation and ask my roommate to look for a wheel on his way home from work tomorrow.

Awwwww!!!! They are ADORABLE, and I absolutely love their names! Welcome to the Rat Shack! I can't wait to see, and read more about these little guys! :D

What cute boys!! :nod: I too love the "no girls allowed" box!! :laugh4:

Good looking set-up! Hello & Welcome! :thumbsup:

Oh! did I mention your boys are cutie muffins?! :wink2:

Back