Hello, I've Just Joined! Looking For Information.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful_Insanity

Hello everyone! I've just joined this site today, and am quite excited. I've owned ratties for about 4-5 years now, and was recently told about this site and that it was awesome and full of information :)
I'm looking for information on excessive barbering. I have two males, who are full brothers and have always been with each other, and recently the more domininent one has been excessively grooming the submissive brother. It's gotten to the point that the submissive one has had all of his whiskers chewed off, has a large bald spot on the side of his face, and a cut- more likely a bite, on the back of his neck.

Welcome to the forum!

I am pretty sure I've replied to your post on facebook already.. about Edgar and Poe? You gave really detailed information in that post and I'd recommend copy and pasting it in the health section of the forum.

Hi and welcome!
You are the one on the maritime FB group. Good to see you here.
Barbaring is common enough in rats and really hard to stop. but first I would do a mite treatment just to rule out mites.
Also, scuffles from time to time are normal and if it was a bite, I wouldn't assume anything like aggression not unless you see more evidence.

Yes, I am on the Maritime FB group :) Thanks for referring me here- it already seems like a great place to meet other rat lovers and find out more information. I really appreciate it! I'm certainly going to do a mite treatment, hopefully next week when my pay cheque comes in.

Back