HELLO!!!!! Im new :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winterose

Hello,

Im new to rats and the forum. I don't have a rat yet but i want one. although it will be a few years till i can have one. I want to read, ask questions and learn while I wait till I can move out of my house with my mom and into my own place where i can have what ever pet i want!

I currently have 3 dogs, a cat, 2 fishtanks, and a hamster with the possibility of having a second hamster coming up after christmas :)

So yea, Im a total newb when it comes to rats but i always liked them they don't freak me out and i think they would be cool to have :)

Welcome!!

This is a great place to learn about rats and their care.
Everyone on here is always learning something new from one another.

btw, nice name

Howdy and welcome!
One of the first things people will be quick to point out is this - never get just one rat. Same sex pairs or groups are best, or boy/girl pairs where at least one rat is neutered/spayed. They're social creatures and need friends.

thanks for the welcome guys :)

and yep! i was hoping to get more than one. We had one at the highschool i went to and he always just looked so mopey when he was in his cage. granted it was a) to small and b) he was alone but still. so sad. So one of the first things i learned was to get at least a pair. I prob won't do more than a pair but deff a pair

Hiya!
How great of you to start learning before you get one. So many people start researching AFTER they get the pet, if at all. You'll be fully prepared for your furry friend(s)!!! :joy:

Back