Hello from the Cradle of Liberty!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhillyRatRescue

My name is Annette, and I am a co-founder of PHILLY RAT RESCUE, located in the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, USA).

I have been an animal protectionist and activist since 1975; in the 1980s I worked as a volunteer and then employee of a Philadelphia animal shelter; I have done TNR work with feral cats; I have worked in spay-neuter education.

I have been a rat person since 1985, and for two years (2010-2012) I was the adoption coordinator of another Pennsylvania rat rescue, until I and a few others decided to form our own rat rescue located within the city of Philadelphia itself.

We are a small, private, independent rescue, and we also sponsor the Saint Francis Rat Sanctuary, to provide a permanent, loving, safe home to elderly/infirm rats age 2 and over, to live out the rest of their natural lives.

I am currently mom to Noah, Ebony, Estella, Priscilla, JJ, Blossom, Lucy,Joanie, Amelia, Athena, Nuggie, Annie, Patrick Brendan McGuinea Pig and his brother, Sebastian McGuineaPig (both of whom are obviously guinea pigs!)

RIP: Alice, Ingrid, Pretty Girl, Shila, Eppie, Shilo, Bhakti, Buffy, Electra, MommaRat (Pandora), TubTub (guinea pig), and Dixie.

Welcome!
Wow, you've done some much needed great work over the years for our little companions. You should fit right in here at the Rat Shack. We are a primarily a rescue based forum.

I have to admit though, when I saw Philadelphia, my first thought was PARKING WARS! lol

Back