Hello from Saint John!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YamiNightwing

Hey, I'm new to this site and owning a rat! I'd like to say that this place is pretty freaking awesome for one and very informative. I'm honestly hoping to make some new friends and find out more about rats in order to better care for them.
Out of curiosity, does anybody know a good rat breeder in Saint John, my first and only rat (at the moment) is from a pet store, which I now know that they mainly breed for feeding :(, because I would love to get a female companion for my little girlie :heart: Rai :heart: (short for Raisin).

Welcome to the forum!

There aren't any reputable or ethical breeders in the Maritimes, but there are many rescue rats available, both babies and adults. I sure hope you will look into a rescue or two when looking for a friend for your current rat :)

Hi! Welcome to the shack!
I was a newbie just like you a few months ago :p
The forum has lots of great information, and people!

Annnd, I also happen to be visiting family in Saint John and have a few 7 week old girls up for adoption. I am on my phone so can't post a link now but if you want, check out my thread on Dakota's Babies. I am in town only another day or 2 so if you're interested send me a pm soon. :)

Btw, I'm not a breeder; I just unknowingly adopted a young pregnant female a few months back from a none-too-careful owner.

SQ said:
YamiNightwing said:
Yeah, I've seen the unethical ads on kijiji such as http://saintjohn.kijiji.ca/c-pets-other ... Z291387802.
D'=

Actually, I was thinking about rescue rats, such as those found here: viewforum.php?f=56
Thanks SQ!
However, I met Jess tonight and adopted out little Cheerio to her after she emailed several of the ads for baby girls in SJ. Unfortunately, some never responded to her. While others have already found a home. :-D
Now she has Cheerio to keep her little baby company! :)

Can't wait to see pics!!

Back