Hello from Arizona!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Touilles Vet was with a patient so the receptionist took a message from me about changing her meds and adding some. Hopefully she will call me back today.

I have gone through a lot and I have to say having Rats and going through this is the hardest thing I've ever done. I only get a few hours sleep because I stay up at night so I don't sleep through a feeding. I was beginning to cry while on the phone with the Vet Office, normally I am able to control myself until everyone here at the house is asleep for the night and I just hold Touille and cry but it only seems to get harder as time goes by. I'm debating wether to have Touille PTS if she keeps refusing to eat or drink, I just never imagined how hard it would be to lose her.

I'm so sorry. It is very hard. Our pets are so much more than just "our pets". I've lost 6 rats now, and soon I will lose my last, 7th, and be ratless for a while. It's just as painful everytime I'm afraid, because they are all so unique and individual. After a few years, however, you remember so many good things about them, that the sadness and pain of losing one is overshadowed.

I hope your vet agrees to give you the medicine. If not, I would advise pts as she is not eating or drinking and that is a bad death. Don't lose hope yet however. Please, make another thread about her PT. I think no one is reading this thread, because they have already welcomed you to the forum and don't think there is anything crucial going on!!!
THe other members can help you our greatly, and maybe give you more resources to convince your veterinarian.

I'm sorry your girl is to this point. My rule of thumb is if they refuse food and drink, then they have decided it is time to head for the Bridge, and it is time to say goodbye. Give Touilles skritches from us...
:hugs:

Thank you and I Agree Joanne, fortunately she must have just been tired or not feeling well because she is eating like a horse now. She is munching away on her diced fruit and baby food.

Aida thank you for your help and information. Touille will greatly appreciate it as well. I'm all for getting every last second with Touille, as long as she is still comfortable.

Back