Hello from Albuquerque

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmd0627

Hi everyone! My name is Katie, and I am a graduate student in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I have two wonderful girls--Emma and Maia. They are my first rats, and we have been together since October. I love my girls, and we have had some wonderful times together. I decided to join here so I can continue to learn as much as I can. More than anything else, I try to provide Emma and Maia with the love and care they deserve.

Here's a picture of Emma:

And Maia, captured chewing on the remote control. Countless buttons have fallen victim to her habits.

:welcome4: to the Shack! Your girls are really lovely, and I look forward to seeing more photos of them. :tracks:

How wonderful for you that you live in Albuquerque. :cool3: It is one of my all-time favourite places visited. I loved walking the trails near Sandia Heights, watching all the hummingbirds, taking the tramway http://www.turquoisetrail.org/sandiacrest.htm and visiting Bosque del Apache. http://www.fws.gov/Refuges/profiles/index.cfm?id=22520 [I put in links for anyone who would like to find out more]

Welcome to the forum! :D My remote downstairs is hard to use, almost all the buttons are chewed down or have teeth marks on them. For some reason they just find them fascinating! :lol:

Thanks for all the welcomes! I have enjoyed looking around and seeing so many beautiful ratties and loving rat parents on this site.

As for living in Albuquerque....it truly is a beautiful place. I moved here from New Jersey to enter a PhD program. Even on the most stressful days, it's difficult to feel too overwhelmed. New Mexico is such a lovely, scenic place that I feel lucky to live here. The Sandia Mountains are a wonderful site to behold.

I look forward to being a part of Rat Shack. I have become a hopeless rat lover over the past few months. I think I knew I had a problem when I began describing my rats' various quirks--the holes in the blankets, the lost remote control buttons, the shredded paperwork--as charming. Each time I discover a new chewed possession, I look down at those sweet faces, and I can't help but smile. After reading around on the forums, it seems I'm in good company here, and for that I'm happy.

:welcome3: to the Rat Shack!

Lol we recently lost a good chunk of the 4 button on our remote phone due to Rube chewing antics!

little monkies!

Welcome! Great to have another member who is unaccustomed to this "snow" most of these people seem to dislike!

:hello3: and welcome to the Shack. I look forward to hearing stories about you and your rats!

Godmother said:
kmd, what are you studying? I've heard that U of A is a good place to be.

Hi Godmother! I'm so sorry that I just now saw your message. The end of the semester got the best of me, and this has been my first opportunity to sign on again.

I'm working on a doctorate in rhetoric and composition. I'm lucky enough to teach freshman English classes in addition to working on my own graduate work. I can honestly say I love what I'm doing.

Thanks all for the welcomes. I treated myself to a new camera battery, and I can't wait to take more pictures of my girls. As I write this they are next to me enjoying a buffet of fresh greens and are as content as can be. I'm going to read around, and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Back