Hello Everyone

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Everyone,

My name is 'Amanda'. I am new to the world of rats, but I do own and breed Dwarf Hamsters.
I have just recently taken in two male rats from a family that was moving and couldn't take them.
Their names are Sami, and Chief. I am not sure what type of rat they are but I do know that they are neither hooded, nor dumbo, and they are huge. If anyone can tell me the type I would be very grateful.

Amanda

Welcome Amanda!
CongRATS on your new ratties. We'll need a description or pics of your fellows for us to see what coat/markings they are.

Hi Amanada,
there really aren't different types of rats, just variations in colour, nmarkings etc.
Lokking forward to pics of your new boys.

Hi there! :) I used to be real heavy into dwarf hamsters, too. (Before I found rats, LOL) Which species do you breed? I had a few litters of Campbell's waaaaaaay back when.

Can't wait to see pics of your new fellows. :)

[center:34hu2pj6]Sami[/center:34hu2pj6]
Sami.jpg

[center:34hu2pj6]Chief[/center:34hu2pj6]
Chief.jpg

I breed Campbells as well. They are the easiest to breed, and the most wanted. At the moment I have around 14 and more on the way.

Oh cool! What colors?

Aww those boys are so sweet looking. :) Chief looks like a mismarked black hooded and Sami is either Siamese or Himilayan, but which I can't say for sure, LOL. Standard ears and coat. :) Very handsome!

All colors and markings of rats are the same thing, a rat, just different cosmetics. A hooded is no different from a siamese is no different from a dumbo is no different from a berkshire. They just look different. :) Although individual rats' sizes will vary, they all get about the same. None are any smaller or larger, with the exception of dwarf rats, but that's a whole 'nother thing altogether. :)

Back