Hello Everyone!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:welcome4: to the Shack! Your ratties are handsome boys.

How nice to have another budding vet on the forum. You'll have no shortage of ratty patients when you're done.

Are you in the US? I had not heard the term veterinary nurse in Canada before, but it would only make sense to have vet RNs. Where I live we have veterinary technicians; I don't know exactly what the differences between them and vet nurses would be. Vet techs take a two-year college program.

:welcome3: your ratties are adorable!

Godmother said:
Are you in the US? I had not heard the term veterinary nurse in Canada before, but it would only make sense to have vet RNs. Where I live we have veterinary technicians; I don't know exactly what the differences between them and vet nurses would be. Vet techs take a two-year college program.

Godmother, one of the hospitals I work at calls the Techs there Veterinary Nurses, they feel that its less clinical and makes their clients more comfortable....or...i think thats the thought behind it...?

OK, that makes sense. People know what a nurse is, but a technician could sound kind of cold and scary. I know a couple of vet techs and from what they describe they are doing highly skilled work similar to a nurse in human medicine. e.g. monitoring the state of anaesthesia

Welcome!! Can't wait for pictures of the 2 8 weekers! :D Good luck with your studies, I hope it goes smoothly, and I'm completely in love with your signature phrase :D :D :D

:welcome: to the Rat Shack!!!

What a darling little clan you have there!!! :love6:

Ok.... my scoop is that you need to specialize in pocket pets. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a vet who really LIKES rats! Unfathomable, I know, but unfortunately, reality. :(

Way to go! :wink:

Little furmels also need exceptional care! My 2 vets at the Exotic Animal Care Clinic, I take my boys to, love their small patients.

You can tell because vet visits, although unpopular, are not terrifying because my boys are greeted by people who like them and understand their issues.

It takes a special soul to stand up for small animal rights and interests, and the more vets we have with such an admiration and understanding... the better! :love6:

Back