Healthy Edibles Nylabone?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kat

Can ratties eat the healthy edibles from nylabone? And i also want to get them a sweet treat they can have once in a while, and the pet store by my house does sell these yogurt drops, but theyre so high in sugar, is there an alternative to them, like a healthier version of yogurt drops?

Certainly stay away from yogurt drops, they are absolute crap for all animals. As a treat mine get a multigrain Cheerio but only very occasionally. Honestly, for my rats, a treat they go nuts for is banana, grapes, watermelon...
As for the edible Nylabones, I have given it on occasion to my rats, they do love them, make sure you choose those that are very low in protein and fat.

Mine love the filet mignon ones or the roast beef or pork chops one.
I am however a little concerned... are they like plastics or something? How can that be edible? Rats sure love em and really works their teeth. I guess it's better than eating the Yesterday's News. lol

No, the Nylabone edibles aren't plastic. The basis for the edibles is wheat starch, glycerin, potato starch, cellulose and the like. All is supposed to be completely digestible.
Regular Nylabones have nylon in them, obviously, LOL.

I usually err on the side of caution with the strawberry. I can never find the meaty flavours that are low fat.

If you look hard enough you can find the carrot ones with no animal byproducts in them and the protein and fat are low like both under 10% ours go crazy over it.

Back