Head Tilt

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA

Reading lilspaz's post about Maddie got me thinking about head tilt and wondering a few things.

Lily sometimes has a tilt. It shows up when she's on top of the cage wanting attention. She stretches out and tilts her head. It seems it's only at this time when she's at the edge of the top of the cage. When she walks around on the bed or on our shoulders or in the cage she doesn't have it. Should I keep an eye on this? Can a head tilt be sporadic?

I don't think it's the same, LA. I have two with head tilt and it never goes away. Kozar was a lab rat getting needles every day, and the vet thinks he must have been pricked on a nerve. Rogue developed head tilt after his neuter, but both seem fine otherwise.

I wouldn't think it would be head tilt. In my experience a kid has it or they don't. Maybe your girl's just trying to get a better focus on things when she's higher up - or maybe being high up she's instinctively keeping one eye on the sky for birds? Does that make any sense?

That makes sense, I had been wondering about this and if it was something I wanted to catch it early.

I find Lily is my one girl that wants all the attention, the feeling I get from her is that she she needs more reassurance for things or a confirmation of her acceptance. I don't know that's the feeling I get from her. Or maybe it's just the cute head tilt along with the always climbing to the top which has gotten her what she wanted.. pets.

Thanks guys.

She is the one who picked me at Petsmart in Sudbury. The store person picked her up and put her in my lap and she started to brux and then climbed up to my shoulder and bruxed in my ear. She had me. She's a suck.

Back