Hazel Limping

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA

I have a conundrum for you. Hazel has been limping for a couple of days now. It seems to be her right hind leg/foot/something. She was playing with either Lily or Pearl and they had her on her back and after that the limping started. Nothing seems swollen, nothing seems out of place. When it started she was not spreading her toes, now she is a little at times. I have looked at her foot, touched, prodded, felt all her toes, ankle, leg, back, everything and she doesn't squeak. There is nothing in her foot, it's normal nice colour. I am wondering if she has twinged her back, or pulled a hip or leg muscle. She's 17 months old.

My questions are: how long should she normally be limping for? what things should I watch for? and anything else.

She's most likely just twinged a muscle, not even a real sprain if she's still using it fairly normally. If she stops putting any weight on her leg, you see any swelling or redness, or you notice anything along those lines. All you would do for any of that is dose her with a bit of Infant Ibuprofen, but as she is now I don't think she needs it. You can try and keep her from bouncing around and that, but she'll take it easy on her leg while it heals.

Back