Harry's eyes

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well things didn't exactly go as planned. On Thursday Harry developed a growth on the right side of his nose. Almost like an abcess, perhaps some dead tissue. Not exactly in the greatest of spots to do anything with.

He had something stuck in his left eye that the vet was able to get out. The growth on his right side seems to be making some sort of puss come out of his right eye. That's why both eyes were swollen.

He gave him an injection and I'm going to be treating him with Baytril and Metacam and see what happens. He's two years old, so I'm a little hesitant about putting him under to pull the scab off of his nose. I will get a photo later to see if anyone has any ideas, but I think if it gets worse, then I'll have to let him go. It seems to be painful. :(

Here is a photo of what it looks like. It is not pretty and this is the third day that it's been there.

He is eating, drinking, and running around like nothing is wrong with him.

On the bright side of things. The swelling in his left eye seems to have disappeared. Now we just have to work on this. I'm going to get him out of the big cage and put him in a smaller cage with Arthur. Then he's got some company and just in case the others are picking on him...

Owie!! I've never seen anything like that. poor sweetie. I hope the Baytril takes care of it.
I was just watching a youtube video and the hairless' eyes were like Harry's too.

Back