HARLAN AT FLOWERTOWN

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilez_n_hugs

Great news!! I went yesterday with Chelle to pick up her new cage and had the chance to meet the owners of Flowertown Chinchillas. After meeting all of their chins and hearing the story of why they started their website they announced they will be carrying HT products (hopefully within the next 2 weeks), making them the only Canadian HT distributor AND they are adding a rats section to their website.

Upon hearing this Chelle decided to forgo her HT run, so if you are interested in getting any Harlan products from Flowertown the owners want to hear from you! Send an email to [email protected] and let them know and how much of which HT products you are interested in. Just mention that Chelle's Critter Haven referred you to them. Also they are looking for new products to carry for rats so feel free to mention any good ones/ones that are hard to get in Canada and they will see what they can do. Also their home office is located in Brampton so if you are in the area then there are no shipping concern

Just a reminder their website is http://www.chinchilla.ca/

lilangel said:
I wondered though why a store for rodents would carry pine stuffing at all?

In the chinchilla world, kiln dried pine is considered acceptable, so maybe that's what they carry.

HT at Flowertown is AWESOME news!!!!

Actually yes, they are a very reputable CHINCHILLA breeder in Ontario. I had looked up and followed their practises briefly when I was originally looking to purchase my first chinchilla. They only breed about twice a year, and they are well known on the chinchilla circuit.

I stress that they are extremely ethical chinchilla breeders, just so that nobody skims over this and gets the wrong idea ;)

Sweet ... they made it offical. When I went to pick up my Ferret Nation a month or so back they asked me about Harlan Teklad, how I got it, how much it cost etc. I happend to have 4 bags in my car at the time so they got a chance to look at it and take the contact information off the bag. I told them that if they got into it I knew a few dozen people would go crazy over it and place orders almost immediately.

There also looking into deeper pans for the Critter / Ferret nation and had a few prototypes while i was there.

Okay so update for everyone who cares to read! :)

CCH is going to check out the warehouse at flowertown chinchillas this tuesday! They will be discussing rat-friendly toys and other products that flowertown may be interested in for the rat lovers out there. CCH will also be taking note of what toys they already have that are rat friendly, and helping to guide them to select safe toys for the rat public. CCH is happy to work along side flowertown for the betterment of the ratty community, and will be happy to keep the forum updated with any new developments! Keep an eye out on this thread for any news. :thumbup:

I've contacted them as well. What I like is that their store hours are very flexible because it's their home. That will be a plus for me coming from Sudbury.

I for one will appreciate all the updates and CCH's time and effort in getting us what our ratties need.

Actually yes, they are a very reputable CHINCHILLA breeder in Ontario. I had looked up and followed their practises briefly when I was originally looking to purchase my first chinchilla. They only breed about twice a year, and they are well known on the chinchilla circuit.

I stress that they are extremely ethical chinchilla breeders, just so that nobody skims over this and gets the wrong idea ;)

I would also like to add that I had the chance to see all of their chins. They are all kept in good sized cages that were extremely clean. And the owners of Flowertown do the occasional rescue (which they obviously don't breed) as well. If anyone has any other questions concerning their chin care or practices feel free to pm me and I can tell you everything I saw and that we talked about concerning her chins. And I reiterate Avatar's statement that they are extremely ethical breeders and a million times better than supporting a store that sells animals from pet mills.

I asked and they said they don't know yet. I also asked what shipping would be and they said they don't know that either...but I don't see how that's possible when they ship things all the time, they should know what it costs to ship 30lbs. Does anyone have a guess how much it would cost to ship to Toronto?

pscychopomp said:
I asked and they said they don't know yet. I also asked what shipping would be and they said they don't know that either...but I don't see how that's possible when they ship things all the time, they should know what it costs to ship 30lbs. Does anyone have a guess how much it would cost to ship to Toronto?

Chelle will figure out all the details and report back on Tuesday no problem! I'm sure she would be willing to transport food to Toronto at a smaller cost than shipping through FT, so you can post on this thread or PM me/forumhubby or email chelle directly at: [email protected] :)

pscychopomp said:

Shipping doesn't only go by weight a lot of the time, but also by dimensions. They also wont know what other shipping materials they'll want/need to use until they get some stock.

Ya, I emailed them a few days ago asking about cost of product and shipping and haven't received an email back at all... Please keep us updated on how this is going. I am running out of my current food very quickly!

pscychopomp said:

I've been shipping 33 pound bags of Harlan for years now. Shipping from the Guelph area to Toronto will cost less than $25.00 (regular parcel) if they pack it properly. By FedEx Ground it would cost less than $30 and get there 3 days faster.

Back