Hard decision

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindsayfawn

Well on the 18th we have to take Willow into the vet, she's still been off balance and bloated and has had really bad diarrhea. She's never been quite right ever since we got her, so we'll see what the vet says. We also have to take Raina in and have her put to sleep :( The tumor is getting quite large and I can't really justify putting her through yet another operation to have it removed when it's just going to come back again. She was already spayed and the tumour came back, i first noticed it a few weeks ago when it was grape size and now it's quadrupled in size already. She's not comfortable but she still has energy which makes it a hard decision.
Wish there was some miracle drug that was out there to cure them of tumors *sighs*

I am very sorry to hear about your babies. Only you know what is right for them and it is a dreadful decision. But take comfort in the love and happiness you provided them while they were with you. Keep us updated.

What did the vet have to say about Willow, lindsayfawn? I'm also very sorry to hear about Raina. It's very hard to have two of them failing at the same time. Hugs to you. :hugs:

well after going to the vet we just didn't feel right getting Raina put down. She's still quite active even with the tumor and the vet thought that she was quite active as well and that we should wait a bit to put her down. We were already in agreement on that. I was feeling litterly sick to my stomach thinking about having to put her down and almost didn't go to the vet. Her tumour is getting quite large...but she's doing alright to get around. I just dont' know how long is to long to wait...I feel bad that she has to live with it...but she's not in any pain as of now so that's good. I guess we'll just have to count the days she has left with us before I see it getting to big then do something about it.

All you can do is try to pack as much fun and living into each and every day you have left with her, just think of yourselves as being in the "bonus rounds" with Raina and make the most of it -spoil her rotten! :hugs:

Back