Hannah *Update on Implants*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just took everyone out for out time, I check everyone over everyday before I put them in the playpen ..I found two lumps on Hannah :sad3: ..they are right next to eachother ..at the end of her rib cage on the left side ..one is ALMOST the size of a marble ..the other a bit smaller ..both move under the skin and feel like they are full of fluid ...
I have never delt with lumps before ..these are my first ..Hannah is estimated 22 months ..she is active, eats well and a little big over weighing ..weighing 497 grams ..I got her 16 months ago ..she was always a chunky girl ..HELP :sad3:

Edit: its on her side not her belly & She's not spayed:(

jorats said:
Sounds like typical mammary tumours. :(

:sad3: I figured that ..

I have an appt for Tuesday (7 days from now) ..should I wait till then? or should I take her tomorrow?

Is there anything else I can do other than not feeding her sugar?

How about removal? I will talk to my vet about this as well.

She's 22 months, but healthy.

But ..theres no point in removal if I don't spay ..right?

So that's another risk :(

I don't know what to do ..this is a first!

I will keep an eye to them everyday to see how fast they grow

:sad3:

Hey Renée,

Have a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=20611

I think it's certainly worth a try, even if you have to and remove the tumours afterward. I've done it on 5 girls, 4 of which had tumours, and two of them have not needed surgery period. (One other probably didn't, but I was paranoid.) Let me know if you want my vets' contact info, but also let your vet know there is a recent thread about it on his forum (from this summer).

:hugs:

Ratty Momma said:
jorats said:
Sounds like typical mammary tumours. :(

:sad3: I figured that ..

I have an appt for Tuesday (7 days from now) ..should I wait till then? or should I take her tomorrow?

Is there anything else I can do other than not feeding her sugar?

How about removal? I will talk to my vet about this as well.

She's 22 months, but healthy.

But ..theres no point in removal if I don't spay ..right?

So that's another risk :(

I don't know what to do ..this is a first!

I will keep an eye to them everyday to see how fast they grow

:sad3:

Thanks Victoria, I will print off this information for him.

Is there anything special I should feed her?

Everyone has cheerios in the morining ..what do I give her now :(

I will be taking her down Wednesday ..I was in contact with my vets personal vet assistant/tech

I'm such a tool, I thought I sent a PM...

Also, I think it's Gerber that makes a Cheerios knock off for babies that is salt and sugar free but a little pricey. Take a look in the baby food aisle and see if your drug store/supermarket carries it.

victoria said:
I'm such a tool, I thought I sent a PM...

Also, I think it's Gerber that makes a Cheerios knock off for babies that is salt and sugar free but a little pricey. Take a look in the baby food aisle and see if your drug store/supermarket carries it.

I keep forgetting about these. I know our Super Value grocery store sell it but I have yet to find it in a Sobeys. Also try Shoppers Drug Mart if you have one.

I'm actually thinking of changing my regular Cherios to these now that you mention it.

*Edit to add what I meant to put: I'm so sorry it looks like tumors :( I was hoping for something easier than that. Keep us updated on what you find out at the vet, and what you and little miss plan on doing. Sending Hugs.

I was waiting till Dec 23rd to give my crew their Christmas gifts ..but I am going to do it tonight ..so Hannah can enjoy them before possible surgery.

:sad3: hate this

The tumors have not changed in size.

But ..about 2 months ago, Hannah's breathing was making a whistling sound ..only on and off ..not often ..there was no porph or sneezing ..so i decided not to put her on meds unless I seen an obvious sign (advised from people here). She stopped making them a while after ..the past 3 or 4 days I have noticed the sounds coming about again ..very low whistling ..so I have been using saline nasal spray and showering daily with her in a carrier with Toby ..its all helping ..the whistling is on and off ..should I start her on meds? or wait it out again?

I am going to the vet tomorrow.

Back