Hand wrestling?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

Hey all! Question. Since Denny has figured out he can play with the babies, he also seems to want to play with ME, too, which I like! I've never had a rat want to be played with with my hands, except for a tag like game. Wrestling I've never done/tried.

I tickle his belly, and he stands up on his hind legs and lets me, but I don't know if he's scared, or what... Then he'll kind of roll over and I take that as an invitation to tickle again, and he just lays there on his back. I THINK he likes it, but I'm nervous to keep doing it because I'm not exactly sure. He doesn't bite or run away or act nervous after he gets up, he usually comes back up to my hand or he'll popcorn around the cage after. Popcorning is usually good, right? And he doesn't act afraid of me and he could easily move away from my hand when I start tickling him.

Thoughts? Is this playing? Or.... I feel so silly asking this. Perhaps I should get a video because I don't think I explained it very well.

Seriously? *whew*

I am still amazed at how Denny has changed in the matter of two days with having the babies as buddies. He is just so different and happy. :)

Although, there is a move where the rat if flipped and you rub between is front legs and that's considered dominance. But if he keeps coming back for more, then he's probably enjoying it. :wink:

Jo, at first I worried that's what I was doing, a dominance thing, but then he kept coming back for more, like you said. :)

How common is it for them to do this? I wonder if I had tried this with my past rats if they would have enjoyed the game, too. Hmm.

Mine love to have the tops of their heads rubbed real fast, sends them off popcorning. They love to be tickled too, but I have not had one go on his back asking for a belly rub. I would looooove to have one of those.
My parents just took in a boy from the SPCA. Henry is old and a real love. When my dad starts to pet him, he slowly rolls onto his back for a belly rub.
What a treat!!!

Aww! That's so sweet! :D

I just played with him again, and he pee'd on my hand. :lol: He just bounded up and popcorned around and bounced on my hand, so I tickled and he rolled and then when he jumped up he pee'd on me. :lol: I couldn't believe it! :p Then I noticed a wet spot on Izzie... He got him, too. :lol:

That is so sweet that Denny does that for you.

My girls love it when I lightly pinch their rump it sends them off popcorning and they come right back for more. My Ivy and my Clover are belly rollers I start on their shoulders and work my way down to their sides and they slowly roll over for tummy rubs it is so cute.

Now, Rose my very shy miss touch-me-not girl does not like any of this when I go to touch her she gets on her hind legs like she is going to bite me, so I slowly put my hand up her and pick her up that way, she does not like to be touched. The only time I can give her loving is when she is a sleep and she does not realize it is me.

Back