Hammockses

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moon

Ok, so here's the thing:

I've never ordered hammocks, nor have I bought one in a store. My girls have been pretty happy with the scrap fabric style hammies they've had so far.

But I love the double deckers, the cubes, the tents etc. that can be purchased online. So here's the question:

Beyond Dearpie and Fuzzbutts, what hammock makers are there online? (and, most importantly, which ones donate to rattie rescue?)

Also, are there any personal favourites that you've used?

I love love love my Dearpie hammocks. Her large pocket hammocks are used more than anything else in my rat cage.

I still have a large pocket hammock from a year and a half ago that is still use-able as well! Very chewed, but useable.

Right now I have 3 large dearpie pocket hammocks on a rotation basis so that the rats can always have one in the cage. LOL

The double deckers are a big hit as well.

My boys LOVE their Dearpie double decker hammock. They aren't big chewers so it is still in excellent shape after months of use. I also have one of her wall baskets, which is the favorite hangout of my Sumi. Other than that I just go to the dollar store get bandanas and big safety pins. I fold the bandanas in half and use them as corner hammocks. Nice and cheap and comfy!

I just bought a set of hammocks from an ebay seller. Her stuff seems to be reasonably priced, I will let you know the quality when I get it. I bought a set with a cube, sleep sack (aka pocket) hammocks, and regular hammocks. She added in an extra sleep sack hammock for me by request, and the amount of stuff I got for $60 shipped is pretty amazing.

She also has cuddle cups, and snuggle sacks in other sets (I don't think there are any plain hammock ones left).

This is her ebay store: http://stores.ebay.ca/Kennel-Covers-by-Sew-n-Sew

And you click on Ferret Rat etc. to get to the pocket pet stuff. :)

I should have it by Friday this week, and will review how it is made, and if it is really suitable for rats. :)

Back