growth on the tip of my rat’s nose

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eloya_

hello to anyone who comes across this! i am newly registered to this site, and because of my lack of access to a vet and busy schedule, i have come here to ask for any advice, suggestions, or opinions about something that’s going on with my rat:

about a month or two ago my Django started to develop some sort of scabby growth on the tip of his nose. there were never any visible signs of bleeding, pain, or obvious causes. Django does not have any itching, sneezing, or health issues as far as i know and i spot clean his cage daily, so i haven’t been too alarmed or urgent about what it is. i was considering that it might just be a random, unharmful skin tag. it has gotten bigger from when it first appeared and it just looks like he has a ball attached to his nose. the video i attached to this post is his nose during the early development of this growth (beginning of july). the photo attached was taken tonight (august 14). i don’t have much more information other than i have no idea what it is. i have been watching it closely and searching for an exotic vet around my area for a checkup. please let me know if you have any feedback. thanks!!

Attachments

• B001093B-06D8-44F9-8170-2FC55C7DCDD6.png
    B001093B-06D8-44F9-8170-2FC55C7DCDD6.png
    7.4 MB · Views: 2
looks like my video was unsuccessfully attached. i’ll try again:

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    16.8 MB
Back