Grooming Revolution Off

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldsGal

Hey all I saw a few scabs on Rubeus tonight and so I want to nip it in the butt now. I decided to dose everyone with revolution. I let it dry some out on me but when you have so many to dose you want to just get them done. They are now in the cage grooming the revolution off of eachother. Should I be concerned about this?

Well they have been in the cage now for well over an hour and have stopped grooming. I would assume that if it was something really risky they would be showing signs by now! Everyone is doing fine!

The actual med in the Revolution absorbs into the skin very very fast, within minutes, and most likely what they are grooming off is the leftover alcohol base. :)

If you are using Revolution its best to part the fur and apply the dose as close to the skin as you can. I usually part the fur next to their ears on the back of their head myself.

Thanks Shelagh...Ya that is what I did was put it right on the skin..Well as best I could with the wiggle worms...LOL.

Everyone seems to be doing fine this morning so we are good!

On another note I had put a plate in the boys cage with some food on it. Well all night they decided it would be real fun to clank it against their lab block bowl many many times throughout the night. It kept me up. I don't know why I didn't just get up and take the plate out. I am regretting my decision not to do that now.

OldsGal said:
Thanks Shelagh...Ya that is what I did was put it right on the skin..Well as best I could with the wiggle worms...LOL.

On another note I had put a plate in the boys cage with some food on it. Well all night they decided it would be real fun to clank it against their lab block bowl many many times throughout the night. It kept me up. I don't know why I didn't just get up and take the plate out. I am regretting my decision not to do that now.

Hehehe, I don't know how many times I have done that, when it would've been so easy to just get up and remove loud offending item...nooo...mutter. stick head under pillow, etc, is the route I took too. :nohear:

lilspaz68 said:
OldsGal said:

Hehehe, I don't know how many times I have done that, when it would've been so easy to just get up and remove loud offending item...nooo...mutter. stick head under pillow, etc, is the route I took too. :nohear:
LOL! That has happened to many times to me as well. Ijust hope they will stop or I will get used to it.

Like last night, my bf was freaking out because the dog was crunching her food in the middle of the night and he couldn't sleep. But, he wouldn't get up and move the dish elsewhere, lol.

Melissa said:
LOL! That has happened to many times to me as well. Ijust hope they will stop or I will get used to it.

Like last night, my bf was freaking out because the dog was crunching her food in the middle of the night and he couldn't sleep. But, he wouldn't get up and move the dish elsewhere, lol.

We are an irritable, but slightly stupid species, non?

lilspaz68 said:
Melissa said:

We are an irritable, but slightly stupid species, non?
*grumbles* I know... but I was only suposed to have 2 rats in the beginning, lol.

I don't recommend sleeping next to an FN with 9 girls, 8 of them which are under a year old. I didn't know rats could MAKE that much noise. I'm so tired, and I could have just walked upstairs to my bed and had a good sleep.. but instead tormented myself to the rampaging of 6 sisters play fighting all night. :lol:

Shelley said:
I don't recommend sleeping next to an FN with 9 girls, 8 of them which are under a year old. I didn't know rats could MAKE that much noise. I'm so tired, and I could have just walked upstairs to my bed and had a good sleep.. but instead tormented myself to the rampaging of 6 sisters play fighting all night. :lol:

Go to your drugstore or Walmart or something like that. Pick up this awesome little invention. Foam earplugs. Cheap and they really really work!!! Only issue I have with them is you need to hide them from your rats since they find them irresistable for chewing. :doh:

And I have hidden mine so well that I cannot find them now. LOL

lilspaz68 said:
Shelley said:

Go to your drugstore or Walmart or something like that. Pick up this awesome little invention. Foam earplugs. Cheap and they really really work!!! Only issue I have with them is you need to hide them from your rats since they find them irresistable for chewing. :doh:

And I have hidden mine so well that I cannot find them now. LOL
I have always wanted earplugs but than I am paranoid I might not hear something if a fire or something happens.

lilspaz68 said:
If you are using Revolution its best to part the fur and apply the dose as close to the skin as you can. I usually part the fur next to their ears on the back of their head myself.

How far on the back of the head, towards their neck? I have 7 rats that are going to be treated and I want to make sure I get them at the right spot!

OldsGal said:
Hey all I saw a few scabs on Rubeus tonight and so I want to nip it in the butt now. I decided to dose everyone with revolution. I let it dry some out on me but when you have so many to dose you want to just get them done. They are now in the cage grooming the revolution off of eachother. Should I be concerned about this?

according to my vet, there is no danger to the rats if they groom the Revolution off of each other. They shouldn't be grooming it off, since it is supposed to absorb through their bloodstream, but it won't hurt them if they do manage to digest some of it. :D

I hope this helps. :)

Back