Grey 2/23/07 - 9/12/08

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 78

How do you sum up a life in a few photos and words?

Grey came to me from Tekka Maki Rodentry, all the way from Philly. She was sent along with Lil, and through the kindness of many wonderful people, a rat train was formed to bring them down to Atlanta.

She was a real sweetheart, all mush when you picked her up and always ready to lick your fingers. She was my shy prissy girl, earning her the name Little Miss Grey from her Auntie Shelagh. She was one of the most beautiful rats I had ever held, so soft and fuzzy. I used to just hold her and rub my chin along her back, while she cuddled around my neck. She was an amazing little girl, who loved to play and roughhouse with Lil.

Grey had respiratory issues through most of her life here with me. She always made noises off and on, despite whatever treatments I tried. Recently we tried a course of heart medications, only to find out that they worked and she responded. She was her bouncing, happy self again, something I hadn’t seen for a very long time. This past week she started to lose the fight, and today I had made the sad decision that I was going to have to help her to cross. Her body just wasn’t able to wait for the appointment, and she left us as I held her and told her it was okay to go.

The first picture I saw of my sweet baby
Kats-TEKGreyGhost.jpg

Her first Out time with me
DSC01307.jpg

She loved her doubledecker
IM001513.jpg

But she had to share!
IM001594.jpg

…everything
IM001592.jpg

Would’ve happily given up sharing baths though
DSC01530.jpg

C’mon do I have to??
IM001678.jpg

Whatcha doing to Lil Mom??
IM001688.jpg

Grey was the lickiest and kissiest little girl…here’s her video proving it
http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j140/ ... V01467.flv

Sweet dreams Little Miss Grey… I will not be the only one to sorely miss you :heart:
IM001616.jpg

she was very beautiful... its sad that even our breeder breds don't last like they should. but she was obviously very loved by you and regardless of the time she had enjoying it that was a very special thing to be able to share with her.

Back