Greetings

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SherylM

I am new to rats! We have had our boys about six weeks now and are completely thrilled with them. Our 4 year old wanted a "pet of his own" and after a lot of research we decided on rats. We got our boys from a breeder when they were about 9-10 weeks old. Butterscotch is a fawn Rex and Snowflake is a light pearl Merle. The 4 year old human named "his guys" himself! I have some questions but will post in the appropriate spot. Hoping to learn lots here!

Welcome to the Shack! I am sure you will be very happy with your rats...they are just a joy. I am assuming that since your son is only 4 years old that you will be the one responsible for the ratties, and also there to supervise your son's interaction with the ratties? A four year old left alone with rats or any small animal, without supervision can be a bad scene for the rats sometimes, as many small children do not understand the need for gentleness and care with small animals. :sad3:

Rest assured the 4 year old is never left unsupervised with his guys. We are not new to pet ownership, we have 3 dogs (1 Boxer, 2 Bostons), two cats (1 Siamese, 1 DSH) and fish. He is well supervised with all pets and never left alone with any of them. He is very smart, he knows that all animals need love and kindness and he is very gentle with Butterscotch and Snowflake.

SherylM said:
Rest assured the 4 year old is never left unsupervised with his guys. We are not new to pet ownership, we have 3 dogs (1 Boxer, 2 Bostons), two cats (1 Siamese, 1 DSH) and fish. He is well supervised with all pets and never left alone with any of them. He is very smart, he knows that all animals need love and kindness and he is very gentle with Butterscotch and Snowflake.

:welcome: to the Rat Shack, Sheryl!!!! :bunnydance:

Back