Greetings from the UK

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone, came across this site from MySpace. I'm Rache and I live in England, I currently have only one rattie left, after losing 3 earlier this year (2 were rescues). My remaining rattie is Winston, quite possibly THE most adorable, affectionate, squishy dumbo boy in the entire universe:

winpc3.jpg

winpc2.jpg

winpc1.jpg

winpc4.jpg

winpc7.jpg

winpc9.jpg

He lost his brother Franklin in December and then his cage was next to Basil & Otis, two rescue rats who both had bad respiratory probs. Otis never regained weight and left me after only a month, and Basil hung on for another 7 months. Winston had a big operation 2 weeks ago where they were going to remove his mallocluded teeth, but each time they tried he bled so badly they just burred them back, so he's still on soft foods and seems to be finding hard to "learn" to eat again with his shorter teeth! This was his second op, the first was last year to remove a small benign lulmp from his cheek. He's a tough old boot and always bounces back so fast! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I've kept rats for about 12 year now but I've decided that after Winston, I'm going to have a break from keeping them, as they just keep breaking my heart each time they leave me. I'm also very busy with my little business FUZZBUTT CAGE COMFORTS - http://www.fuzzbutt.co.uk, I make snuggly fleecy stuff for ratties to sleep in:

cube26.jpg

cube17.jpg

custom1b.jpg

crush6b.jpg

so I'm pretty busy upstairs at my sewing machine most nights. Winston sits up there with me in his smaller cage now, and alternately eats, preens, sleeps and watches me all night!

I am also an Imperial Sandtrooper with the UK Garrison, 501st Legion and we raised £40,000 last year for various kids charities. I have a blast of a time, travel the country, meet loads of people, and this July I met MARK HAMILL, as well as appeared in 2 national newspapers, a Bolivian newspaper, and TIME magazine's website!

t21c.jpg

me_marks.jpg

So that's me! :D

Fuzzbutt.co.uk said:
My remaining rattie is Winston, quite possibly THE most adorable, affectionate, squishy dumbo boy in the entire universe:

You aren't kidding, Winston is absolutely adorable. He looks wonderful considering he has had it a bit rough lately. Very happy and bright eyed.

Your products are wonderful, I have seen your site before.
Love the Sandtrooper outfit, it must feel wonderful to raise so much money for great causes!

Welcome. :)

Winston is a very handsome boy! And your snuggly fleece stuff looks great.

My condolences on the loss of your other ratties. They do leave a hole in your heart when they go. I just lost my first one a couple of days ago, and I miss her so much.

Welcome!

Edit: Oops, hit the back button on the computer after I posted, then got called away. When I came back, I forgot I had already submitted the post and I sent it again. That's what I get for reading the forum at work, huh?

Hello! I love your name! And of course your cozy cushy cuddly things for the kids.
Welcome to you and your most handsome Winston!
I understand your need to take a heart-break when Winston leaves (I hope that's a long long time from now).
I wonder how long you'll last? Could be fun to make a poll and see who comes closest (in minutes :p )

Welcome, sorry for your losses. I just lost my first baby and it torn my heart apart, I can only imagine how down I will be when my older girls pass.

I LOVE your products and so do the girls. They get all popcorny when I put in the clean ones. :D

Hello and welcome! I'm NickyE on FR and I LOVE your cubes and bunkers! As do the ratties of course!

Winston is a hunk - just as well my PC's no longer in the rat room or the girls would be swooning and the boys would be jealous!

:welcome: to the forum, Winston is gorgeous :tumkiss:
The stormtrooper thing is so cool, I didn't know a person could be those guys. I can't let my Bf know, or he'll want to go see them, he's already eager to go to England to go to Diggerland. Yeah, sure, travel 1000s of km to see stormtroopers and play on construction equipment :roll: what about the history and the architecture? :laugh2:

Let me just say, I had seen your website before but I looked at it more closely tonight... and man, there is some funny stuff on there! I love your "models"

Back