great find!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratsrule76

so I just had to share...no its not the CN I have been on the search for but the price was right and will last the girls until i can get a CN. I posted up on craigslist saying i was looking for a FN or CN and got a reply from a lady trying to sell her cage. All she wanted was $25.00 and I got EVERYTHING you see in the cage!!!!!the girls are the right size now so they won't go slipping from the cage and they are going to LOVE all that room. I just finished cleaning everything and then soaked and sprayed it down with bleach solution. letting it air dry for the night and will be putting the girls in either tomorrow or weds...depending on how much time i have and weather or not I can find more of those metal hooky things I use to hang their hammocks with...lol.

I will be saving their smaller cage as a nursery..(when I get little girls that will slip through the bars) or if I rescue any that need to be quarantined. will post more pics when cage is up and the girls are in....

the girls cage is in the background...lol.

ahhh this is the exact cage I have and have three boys in it with tons of room.... the hooks I use for hammocks are just plain ol shower hooks can be had at the $1 store well for a $1 a pack...lol

I had this cage too... Its fun to play around with decorating :D I liked to use pillow cases too because it would catch falls(my shelves were arranged different!). Also lots of baskets :D

so the girls have been in their new cage for almost 2 days now. at first they were a little freaked out about it. they are always a little slow to warm up to new things but they LOVE people..lol. put them on anyones shoulder and they are good to go..lol. they LOVE the cage now. i had them in my room just in case they could slip though the bars but they have staying in the cage so they will be going back into the livingroom.

so as promised here is their new cage. it is a little bare and i am waiting for some hammocks that i have order on line, but i have made some new liners and am cleaning out the cage as soon as i post this.

this is the full view...they were both in the jug until they herd the camera...lol

here is the top part and a close up of bailey

and here is the bottom part. they love to go in and out of the tunnels

hope you like it and feel free to give my some deco ideas..thanks

ya if you cut 2 holes out on each side it makes a great house. the girls love it... :wink2: i also stuff "blankets" in the top hole so they have to work at getting thier "nesting" materials. got to make them work at some things..lol

got some new hommocks made and redid the girls cage. it looked so empty before so here she is in all her glower..lol. Bailey is on the tunnel and Roxie is under her eating dinner. i'm not liking the fact that i have to use soooooo many hooks to hang things but it is easier to clean than their old cage. it will do until i get a CN or a FN.

they love all their tunnels!!

Back