Great day with my rats

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dahlas

I TRY very hard to get my rats out everyday but some days they only get cuddles and a play on the bed....today I got to spend lots of fun time with them. ...They had fun outside in their playpen...then I put some water in a small wadding pool, a few big rocks so who ever didn't want to get in the water didn't have to and put mixed veggies in the water...It was a HUGE hit....and everyone played scampered and ran around...only a couple left the pool a few times but came right back when they relized that was were the fun was... (we did this in a rattie proof enclosed area) Then I decided to take one at a time and let them explore my apple tree....some of them really loved it....Took a while to give everyone a turn. A few found it a little scary but okay if I kept my hand on or very near them...to far and the weren't happy.
Unfourtantly my batteries where charging so I only got some pics of them in the tree... next time I will get pics of them in the pool...That was the most fun.

This is Griffin...he liked being in the tree...did some climbing and lots of sniffing.
DSCF5102.jpg

My old man Rafe did not go in the tree...I don't think he could hold on very well.
But he got his turn to sniff and look over the leaves...from the safety of mommy's hand
DSCF5097.jpg

DSCF5096.jpg

Poor Gus was afraid...so I had to keep my hand on him..
DSCF5085.jpg

DSCF5079.jpg

But then he got a little braver..."Look ma..no hands"
DSCF5094.jpg

Alba did very well...she is getting so much better.
She used to be so afraid of me but now I think she is really learning to love me...
DSCF5077.jpg

DSCF5078.jpg

All the babies LOVED the tree and ran around sniffing and nibbling...they had fun.
like all kids do with new things.
Taking pics and making sure they didn't fall was not easy to do LOL

Sweet little Sophie
DSCF5065.jpg

Darling little Sprite
DSCF5055.jpg

Handsome Sam
DSCF5041.jpg

Smexy Sawyer
DSCF5026.jpg

My precious Claire had a great time...this girl LOVES everything thing
DSCF4984.jpg

Teeanna is my special girl. Her and her sister Claire are the sweetest girls ever... I am so glad I decided to foster these girls for Xio and then decided to adopt them....they have really added something special to my life....
DSCF4982.jpg

Sounds like a wonderful day.
I want to see the ratties enjoying the pool ....
You have lots of interesting ideas ... and I appreciate that you mentioned precautions you take to ensure safety.
I may have to try to set up my martins play pen outdoors ... :nod:

Ahhh so beautiful!!!

Someone nominate so I can second- because I can't decide witch one!
I get scared mine will run off, so they've only had trees for a few seconds.

Aida said:
Ahhh so beautiful!!!

Someone nominate so I can second- because I can't decide witch one!
I get scared mine will run off, so they've only had trees for a few seconds.

I KNOW!!! How about this one? The composition is just gorgeous! NOM:

DSCF4982.jpg

Thanks Eagle....he is a special boy and really enjoyed the tree. He is 2 1/2 and still very active but you can tell he is starting to get a little weaker....and not as agile as he used to be.

SQ said:
Sounds like a wonderful day.
I want to see the ratties enjoying the pool ....
You have lots of interesting ideas ... and I appreciate that you mentioned precautions you take to ensure safety.
I may have to try to set up my martins play pen outdoors ... :nod:

Their playpen has a top and they are not left outside unattended....the tree is in my yard and the branches I let them play in are well in under the tree so nothing could swoop down from the sky and I stay very close......I try to give them lots of fun because life is meant to be lived....BUT at the same time keep them very safe. Safety always needs to be a number one concern with our pets....

I just had a great idea.....my cats have a fully enclosed outside play area with shelves and things to climb....I will take the rats (one at a time) in there (LOL when the cats are not in there of course) and let them climb and explore....no danger then of anything getting them..

and next time I will be ready to take pics of them in the pool.....it was so much fun.

Oh and in case I forgot to add this...ALL my rats are spayed and neutered....and live together...

SQ said:
Dahlas, do you set the playpen on the grass?
I am afraid to try it because the ground here is so uneven :(

I do but yeah you need a flat spot....that is why I bought a small martins as well as my big one...I could not find enough even ground for the big one.....maybe just sit it on the patio....at least they are smelling the fresh air...and they will love it. .

Thanks for the nominations....Teeanna and Rafe say Thank you..

Back