Granuloma help

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minnow

My poor Squirrel has basically a huge inguinal area infection... a granuloma on one side, which is draining a little bit into the open abscess on the other side. I know how to heal up the abscess... it's a big abscess, so it'll take longer, but it's the same process. What I'm not sure what to do about is the granuloma... she basically has a huge walled off infection, and I'm not sure how to deal with it other than to keep the path for drainage that it's made for itself open as long as possible, and keep her on antibiotics so it doesn't get bigger. It's too big and attached to internal structures to remove. Has anyone dealt with a situation like this with any success? Am I just being cruel keeping her going when she's obviously hurting and thisclose to going septic at any point?

She's definitely seeing a vet, but... any further advice for home care is very welcomed right now.

I've had 3 rats with this condition. Nothing much can be done except palliative care until such time the rat is in too much pain and should be pts. I'm really sorry. :sad3:

Back