Gracie - update

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just returned from the vet.
Dr. Carnegy gave her a shot of dex and didn't charge me for a visit, just the meds :joy:
This is wonderful news as vet bills yesterday and today are coming out of the money that was suposed to pay my power bill.

Just hope the dex helps ...
Hydrated her SubQ last night and she bled a bit. Noticed the same thing today with the dex shot. Not that much but haven't noticed it with other rats ... maybe it just shows up more as she is white.

Since we returned from the vet she only started rolling uncontrollably once.
Haven't noticed any other change.

But don't know if I was able to get any of her antibiotic into her ... she wasn't interested in taking it ... she wasn't interested last night either :(

Hoping for the best ...

aw i hope gracie pulls out of it.

With girly it was bad but not as bad as that i think we caught it in time, she was also falling off of stuff in the fn cage so we made the cage fall proof putting hammocks and all to catch her if she fell. same now with monkey as his balance is not the best since hes sick the fn is fall proof again. when we went to the vet we got a clavamox + baytril combo it seemed to have worked she only has slight head tilt from it(it stayed with her)

girly did not come to the point where she was circling but almost.

im hoping for the best for you and gracie :hugs:

Gracie was willing to lick a small bit of baby cereal off of my finger. This is an improvement over last night and earlier today. :joy:

She has also started rolling twice but both times she has been able to stop herself after rolling over a couple of times - another small improvement! :thumbup:

Back