Got my two new rescues today *PICS*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ktina

Well, I got my two boys that I mentioned before. The person on Craigslist was getting rid of them because they were a present and they "hated" rats. They're in a SuperPet My First Home rat cage, with the shelf half chewed off. They are on stinky Carefresh and being fed, I'm not even exaggerating, a food that's 90% alfalfa pellets. :roll:

They're both black hoodies, and they're actually pretty big (I was expecting babies). I'd guess they're about 6 or so months old. They're obviously very skiddish so I'm letting them settle in. Pics will come tomarrow. I'm thinking of naming them Jaxon and Jasper, but I'll let you guys help me with names once I get pics up. :)

Pics, Ktina!!! You know the rules! :lol:

Oh and be careful Mamarat has a prediliction for hoodie boys and she might ratnap them. :roll:

I am soo happy these boys found you. :thumbup:

Here they are! They are doing ok today, still skiddish but I got them to take some chicken from me. Jaxon is a lot more friendly whereas Jasper is a lot more afraid. Don't ask me which is which in the pics because I can only tell by their butts!

Their food, see I wasn't exaggerating!
c0.jpg

Them in their cage when I first got them. You can see the shelf.
c26.jpg

c25.jpg

Can you see me?
c.jpg

I got CHICKEN!!! omgz
c3.jpg

I has more?
c1.jpg

c2.jpg

Ooooh nummy food!
c14.jpg

I don't know why but they were really thirsty, even though they had a water bottle on their cage when I got them
c16.jpg

For me?
c22.jpg

:D Oh the precious dolls, bless their hearts, now they will have the good life, very cute pictures, I wonder if their water bottle was ever cleaned you know they get slimy in side if not washed, well congratulations, on you new babies!

They are absolutely gorgeous and even in that short time you can see the wariness turn to disbelief at all the Good Things happening to them :)

They must've been awfully bored to eat that filthy shelf :(

Thanks guys. :) I had them out running on my bed just now and they seem to be opening up more. Jasper has been testing my fingers a bit, not biting but lightly putting his teeth on them. I have been squeaking and he seems to be getting the point.

But while on the bed they always came back to me if they were unsure about something and Jasper fell asleep while I was petting him and started to brux. :D

Aww...aren't they just sweet! Hoodies are so adoreable! I'm glad you have them now! That cage was pretty disgusting. It looks like they are now going to live a much nicer life being with you! Congrats! :lol:

Oh my gosh, that shelf! They must not have gotten out-time at all :( I'm so glad you took them, they already look like happy boys!

Oh I am so happy they found you. I love stories like this where they learn what a real life can be like.

They are super adorable and I am so happy they are coming back to you when nervous. That's a huge thing.

Back