Got a Eviction notice today

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrienne

Some how i knew this was coming... Our Landlord wants to sell the build and he said he wants us out to do so.. so instead of giving us our 30 days he tell us today in wrigting that he is not resigning the lease and that he wants us out... So as of right now i am in panic mode... I need find homes for some of my girls asap... Even just a temp home till we get moved... if anyone knows of anyone looking for a a few girls or 2 i do have some that are avail for Adoption... and if anyone can home any temporarily until we get moved please let me know I would be forever grateful :heart: :heart:

When is your lease up? I'm pretty sure he can't kick you out until your lease is up without a good reason. Selling his building is not a reason to evict people.

he hasn't found a new buyer yet? how big is your building? if he doesn't renew your lease you would be considered to be renting on a month to month basis and the average time given to vacate would be 30 days and the purchaser would only be able to evict you (assuming no other reasons) if they intend to move themselves, a member of their family or the caregiver for a member of their family into the unit. I would recommend visiting: http://www.ltb.gov.on.ca/en/STEL02_111281.html and : http://www.ltb.gov.on.ca/en/Key_Information/111901.html to decide your options or at least to talk to someone about your sitiuation, here's the toll free number for the LTB: 1-888-332-3234 remember though, they can only provide you with info about the tenancy act not legal advice and neither can I (cover my butt, I'm only a potential law clerk, we're not supposed to provide legal advice :D )

Your landlord is breaking the law. He has to give you 60 days notice and no cokcamamie excuse is going to work unless the building is deemed unsafe or something similar. Call the Landlord & Tenant Board or e-mail them: [email protected]

A notice under section 47, 58 or 144 to terminate a monthly tenancy shall be given at least 60 days before the date the termination is specified to be effective and that date shall be on the last day of a rental period. 2006, c. 17, s. 44 (2).

Here is a link to the Ontario Tenants Rights website. http://www.ontariotenants.ca/index.phtml
It can be very helpful to you in this situation.

thanks guys.. i got brad to call him today to see if we can extend it until the 17th of July that way i will be bale to come up with first and last for the place where we want to move I HATE MOVING!!!!!!!

I usually hate moving too, but I try to think of it as an adventure during which I am able to get rid of stuff I don't need without having to spring clean. That makes it a little easier. :giggle:
Hope you find a nice place and you get to keep all your furbabies!

Back