Gosh kids are cute.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZoeHale

I'm a teachers' aid for kindergarten and 2nd grade art class at a local elementary school. And so now I shall share my cute/funny stories.

Today (it still counts as Friday, I haven't gone to bed yet!) a little boy in the kindergarten group was drawing hand turkeys.
At the top of his paper he had written, "MOME".
He said, "Miss Zoe Miss Zoe look! It's for my mommy!"
TOO CUTE.
Really, he did a good job sounding the word out.. If you were just learning, "mome" really does look like it'd be pronounced "mommy".

Last week I got a hug from an autistic girl who refuses to look anyone in the face.
That was possibly the best feeling in the world.
I love feeling like I've made a difference.

And this last story... Happened on Monday.
It's funny in that it was shocking to hear, but the language was quite inappropriate from kindergarteners.
These two boys (Hispanic and black, respectively) were arguing over god knows what.
The black boy says, "Lick my nuts Mexican!"
The hispanic boy says, "Up yours, -derogatory word that starts with n and ends with r-!"
I almost laughed. But contained myself.
Both boys were disciplined but after I left holy CRAP I laughed.

So there you go, just felt like sharing some stories!

Oh my goodness...the first story was cute...the second sweet...but the third...I think their parents need to rethink their language....and teach their children some better words....goodness.

Kids are definately cute but holy at the last story! I hope Jensen never acts like that.

The first two are adorable, but like the others, the last one is just....shocking :(. I would send a note home to the parents, hopefully they will be embarassed.

Back